5.0 out of 5 stars Dazzling. A masterpiece.
Published 11 months ago by The Red Travel

3.0 out of 5 stars still pondering
salt.

Yes, the title is in lower case.

The word a small font set in the lower right of the page. A word that's pretty unassuming, but we know that salt is valuable, powerful. It flavours food, helps to regulate body mechanics, it is tears, it is sea. It is all around us. A small, simple word, something ubiquitous but potent. The title is a nod to...
Published 3 months ago by jazzy pom

5.0 out of 5 stars Dazzling. A masterpiece., 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: salt. (Paperback)
Each poem in this rich, stunning collection is a jewel. Nayyirah Waheed's words are touching, close to the bone. The book is substantial too - solid and nourishing - with a good 247 pages she feeds us well. I have been walking around with this book in my bag since buying it. I can't put it down! I'd like to lend it out to all the people I love the most but not just yet! I have read, reread and read again, it is as though each piece deserves to be savoured. The poet is an excellent storyteller and captures the experience of Diasporic life in the most profound, brutally honest way. It is tough and warm, true and beautiful. I cannot recommend it enough. You do not have to be into poetry to enjoy this collection. It is a book made up of hard facts and love.

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful., 5 Sep 2014
This review is from: salt. (Kindle Edition)
I came across nayyirah waheed through a friend who shared some excerpts with me. I decided to read her work. I was moved, not merely because of the potency of her words, but also as a result of a shared spirit—the diasporic spirit. We are all mourning something that has died within us, we are also trying to resuscitate that which has died within us. Home. Where we come from, what dies and stays there, until we take measures toward regrowth.

nayyirah waheed inspires you to pick up the pen and let the breathings of your heart - in the words of Wordsworth - fill the paper.

5.0 out of 5 stars A work of art, 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: salt. (Paperback)
I have wanted this book for ages as I am a fan of simple poetry. All I can say it is worth every single penny. I read it in one sitting and I could not tear my eyes away.

The words are haunting and beautiful. They will stay with you a long time.

This is not just a book, it is a feeling.

Get it now. You will not be dissapointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awestruck, 5 May 2014
This review is from: salt. (Kindle Edition)
I got this book on Kindle this morning and I've spent my whole day basking in all it's literary wonder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loved it, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: salt. (Paperback)
Quite expensive for a relatively short book. However my daughter loved it, so money well spent.
And that's not always the case with internet purchases!

5.0 out of 5 stars salt., 5 Feb 2014

my tattered soul

- gratitude (thank you)

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and strong., 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: salt. (Paperback)
Nayyirah Waheed is a brilliant poet who brought my soul home. I finished this book and felt a lingering heaviness, but a good type of heaviness. It is an amazing read for the soul. Her poems are short but they speak volumes. They are soft yet strong. Even when you finish it, you always feel the need to go back to it. I would definitely recommend this book, especially to poc/woc. :)))

5.0 out of 5 stars little blessings, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: salt. (Paperback)
simply, it's the type of companion one needs on any sort of journey; it really is a beautiful read and i'm not even half way through.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE!, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: salt. (Paperback)
If your poetry collection does not have this book, I'm afraid that your collection is not yet complete! Amazing power!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful read, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: salt. (Paperback)
I fell instantly in love with Nayyirah Waheed's words. They have the power and effect to reach into your soul and open you up. They leave you feeling a little winded. I cannot wait for more from this poet! She reminds me to feel and never stop!

salt.
salt. by nayyirah waheed (Paperback - 24 Sep 2013)
12.99