4.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book

3.0 out of 5 stars Opinion about the book
Published on 9 Feb 2009 by A. O. Oladimeji

4.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book, 27 May 2010
Catbells (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
A friend had some serious questions about herself after splitting up from her boyfriend. I lent her this Christian book even though she was an atheist from a Buddhist culture. It's a concentrated style of writing and you probably won't want to read more than 20 min a day, but she continued to the end, I'd said she could always skip over the Christian bits. She finished the book even though English is her second language and I asked her about her thoughts on the book with some hesitant remark about the Christianity. Her answer was, "But, everyone should read this book!" in an unusually emphatic tone of voice.

If you're a Christian, you'll be entranced by the interplay of Bible awareness, Psychology study and extensive counselling experience. Each seems to inform the other.

It gives you ideas on how to approach difficulties in your relationship, advice on when to walk away from someone who isn't good for you and how to tell the difference between the two.

3.0 out of 5 stars Opinion about the book, 9 Feb 2009
A. O. Oladimeji "Reader" (England.) - See all my reviews
The book is generally good I would not take it verbatum. It has a fairly relaxed attitude to dating especially when it suggests dating more than one person as a way of resolving dating issue. It is good to get a general way of dealing with issues in dating. I would not take all their advice word for word. Know what you want in your partner and go in with a fair degree of certainity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fortify your Heart- and the one you love, 14 Dec 2005
Mwansa Kunda (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This book is great. The bible says a something about a city without walls or a person with no restraint is like a city without walls, that can be easily beseiged.or in other words any one can just come in and out of your ife and reeck havoc. This book gave me the courage to stand for what i always knew i wanted in a relationship but was afraid of loosing the person if i said anything. i always thought i would be the one loosing out but instead i have discovered that is it was a test of my love for the other person, causing me to have the courage to face the truth of the situation and hold my ground, while still respecting the other person in love and a spirit of truth.
God used this book for me to want the best for the other person inspite of the discomfort i was feeling denying my flesh from getting its way. Or should i say from doing the things i had always done which ended up no where. My flesh was fighting this new thing, this new method. it was a fight, it hurt but i made it by the grace of God and i see how God was protecting me all the way as well.
It really allowed me to love my self enough and not inflict self harm to my heart pretending or in some cases ignoring the facts coz of fear of being alone. By the grace of God i tackled and confronted things i would have just buried and become bitter about. i feel so free and i really feel like i deserve true love and an honest relationshop because i have set the tone for how i want the relatioship i will be in, to be. i hope this review helps you. The book keeps it real and is well balanced, just like Jesus is.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read, 6 Feb 2014
I am not religious, but this book was clear to understand how important it is to have boundaries in place before you start dating. Recommended reading. I am now single so great book as part of my healing process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent relationship advice, 30 May 2014
Sound psychological advice, clearly written from experts in their field. Contains many references to Christianity, of which I have no interest, but was not based on the bible, rather used the the Bible for examples, and did not labour the point. Helped me understand myself, my relationships, and where to work on my growth. Better than many other books on relationships, and well worth the price. A gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 28 April 2014
I love this book because it gets you thinking about repeated patterns in your life which most people tend to ignore. It is a must read for singles generally no matter what stage you are at.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful book, 13 Mar 2014
This book helps us understand the potential pitfalls and avoid. And to grow healthy relationships which we understand requires us to make those good choices that do not always come naturally. I am giving this book to many single and dating friends who also appreciate it's wisdom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath of fresh air!!!, 9 Feb 2014
D C Joyce (East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Fabulous read, (audio version) .... Listening while driving this book makes one realize the importance of setting the right boundaries, what to look for and how to resolve conflict between two people. The value of taking time and not rushing in to a relationship, the fact that it takes time and effort with the rewards of working together and how to clarify friendships with the opposite sex.... ... A truly inspirational book ....

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 31 Jan 2014
Wonderful book, very interesting read, perfect for those who are in a relationship. I have bought several for friends and they loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 23 Nov 2013
this book arrived promptly and is very good value. it showed me how i should behave and how others should behave towards me in dating

Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships