on 31 October 2013
Now I must point out that, immediately before reading this book I had reveled in a book by my all time favourite author (Bernard Cornwell) and so any review of 'First Activation' is bound to suffer by comparison. Nevertheless, I didn't like this book at all. The writing style is very immature and quite a lot of the dialogue between characters uses unrealistic language.

I agree with others that the concept here offers a fresh take on the zombie theme, but the plot is still paper thin and sustained on lots of dubious coincidence. The stupidity of the main 'heros' also irritated me; these two deserved to die!

If you're a teenager looking for a short and exciting story that you don't want to think too much about, then you might enjoy this. I didn't. There will be a second book (presumably entitled 'Second Activation') but I won't be buying it.
on 29 March 2015
Excellent story - a bit gory though.
on 1 December 2013
Great book with alot of twists it kept me guessing throughout the book,the action was non stop,the ending was great,a couple of writers to keep a eye on,worth buying recommended
on 30 September 2013
The book itself was gripping, pulling you in but the end was dissapointing. I'm crossing my fingers there'll be a number 2 because leaving the ending like that is terrible.
on 6 September 2013
Found it very difficult to put this book down! Thoroughly enjoyed it and for only 99p it is a bargain!!!
on 6 October 2013
A good read for the price but a very strange ending, assume there will be a second book but I will not be buying it. I gave it 3 stars for the effort that went into it.
on 8 October 2013
Bought this to fill time travelling & found I couldnt put it down when I got home.

Good book, great concept and looking forward to the sequel.

on 25 September 2013
A fast paced romp into a post apocalyptic future. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.....and hey, who needs to dream. Nightmares are so much more entertaining . Enjoy !
on 10 October 2013
I loved this book from start to finish. The idea around the activation is something I've never read before and there's a couple of good twists. Well worth the price.
on 29 October 2013
Not my type of book. It lacked something that I am not sure I have worked out yet. I got bored very quickly with this book, although I did stick with it to the end.