4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but I was hoping for an ending...
I did really enjoy this. Samantha Young is a great author and she always manages to draw me completely into the characters and the world they inhabit, but I was expecting a stand-alone story, not part of a story that I need to wait until 2014 for the next installment.
Published 7 months ago by HoneyBlue

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing
Published 8 months ago by Buglebead

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but I was hoping for an ending..., 24 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Young love, the friends, the place, the complications.........., 24 Aug 2013
I love the way this author writes about young adults in a thorough and yet simple way. She weaves you into their lives, the friends, the little looks and nuances, the untold heartache and yearning, the way their hearts get broken and it takes time to build the trust, little by little.

This story is of Charley and Jake, they had a young perfect love which was shattered by a tragedy. Jake completely shut down and shut Charley out. Three years later Charley has moved to Edinburgh to study and at a party is shocked to her core when Jake walks in...with his girlfriend. Charley is devastated all over again but eventually tries to get past that for the sake of their friends even though it's like a knife scraping on an open wound.

Beautifully written, angsty enough without being boring. The feelings are palpably real.

Yet another SA story that I loved.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely story, 22 Aug 2013
I really enjoyed this, it's a refreshing to read something that keeps you grasped from chapter to chapter. The characters were easy to follow and well put together, you and visualise the chemistry between them and the situations. It's well put together and it's kept realistic. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I look forward to book #2 I just hope it's written in the same way. Don't leave a release for book 2 to long, sooner the better eps while its still. Fresh in ppls minds, and eagerness to buy #2,I often find that I enjoy a book, but when it's 6 months to a year for book 2 by then hundreds of other books have been read and I often don't bother buying the follow on book, as the excitement and eagerness is gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Into the deep, 25 Aug 2013
I really enjoyed this book, got drawn into the characters, but wasn't expecting the way it ended...now can't wait for next year

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 19 Aug 2013
I am a fan of Young's other adult novels, 'Down London Road' and 'On Dublin Street', so was looking forward to reading this. The story deals with the relationship between Charley and Jake, and chapters alternate between them in the present, at university in Edinburgh, and three/four years earlier when they first met in a small American town. The chapters set when they were 16/17 are a little awkward and seem aimed at a much younger audience, whereas the chapters set in Edinburgh contain quite graphic sex scenes only suitable for an older reader. Also, we are not required to work out anything for ourselves - the characters spend so long talking about how they feel about everything in the end I got a bit bored. Obviously the first of a two-hander, I'm not sure I'll bother with the next instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 14 Aug 2013
Ooh I love a bit of angst and this book certainly delivered on that. Charley and Jake meet when they are 16 and immediately know that they have found that special kind of love that doesn't come round very often. Don't let their age put you off either...they are hot!

Unfortunately Jake's family is the target of a small town hate campaign but nothing can deter them from being happy and on living cloud nine in a perfect little bubble. Their relationship is solid and nothing can split them apart. Until it does.

Fast forward 4 years and heartbroken Charley begins her study abroad program in Edinburgh along with her best friend Claudia. Charley has never been the same since Jake broke her so completely but she is determined to move on with life and is excited to be in Majestic Scotland.

What she wasn't planning on was bumping into Jake and his girlfriend. It's her worst nightmare come true. Especially when she becomes part of a great circle of friends which include her ex and she has to see them on a daily basis.

I lived through all her anguish and was praying for a happy ending, I just couldn't put it down. Things come to a head when the gang go on a trip to Fort William. I loved the authors description of the Scottish Highlands it was almost as if you were there.

I'm not sure if this is a HEA or a HFN as there is a book 2 out next year, but personally I would love for the author to tell me the story of Beck and Claudia

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Aug 2013
I really liked this authors previous books and was disappointed in this one, there was no real story or element of surprise and to be honest it was boring. The story read as if intended for younger readers but then also contained some graphic sex scenes? Please do not let this put you off the authors other books which are so much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 26 Aug 2013
Loved the story and it did not end how I expected. The writer had a great mind with loads of ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars another hit from young, 26 Aug 2013
I was having withdrawals systems waiting for the next book by Samantha young and I needed this so desperately. She dies not disappoint and I can see why the relationship and story between charley and Jake hit it off from the get go. The Intensity and the passion but also the pain and loss was phenomenal. I was devouring the pages. The contrast between past and present was really good and kept the suspense climbing I was practically jumping to get to the catalytic event that broke them. Absolutely fantastic read.

5.0 out of 5 stars sooooo loved this book!, 25 Aug 2013
So I didnt think I would like this book when I first started to read it because of the flicking to past and present thing,I thought it would start to confuse me a bit but the story sucked me in and I couldnt put the book down.I loved the two main characters and im a little in love with Lowe.The only down side to this book is that I have to wait till next year for the next one (grrrr).I cant wait to find out what happens next because there are defo a lot of issues to be cleared up.I gave this book a 5 star and its going to kill me to have to wait for the next one.

ARRAY(0xa52d4f60)

Into the Deep
Into the Deep by Samantha Young (Paperback - 8 Aug 2013)
6.76