5.0 out of 5 stars An Enlightening Read
This short book is a very interesting read for anyone who has to deal with difficult people.

It will help you to understand the different types and how to deal with situations in a calm and understanding way without cauing the situation to escalate.

I actually read the book twice so I fully understood the concepts.

A 'must have' for anyone...
Published on 30 April 2013 by K. Connell

1.0 out of 5 stars Pamphlet of platitudes
Published 14 months ago by A. Shuttleworth

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Pamphlet of platitudes, 6 Mar. 2014
A. Shuttleworth "ali" (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Difficult People: Dealing With Difficult People At Work (Paperback)
Even though I bought this as a joke gift I still felt taken for a ride when this showed up. Had I noticed the author was a snake oil salesman (i.e. NLP expert) I wouldn't have lined his pockets. The contents are generic and could have been written by anyone. They require no particular expertise or qualifications. I'd recommend finding something with a bit more substance - I'm sure you can do a lot better for your money

5.0 out of 5 stars An Enlightening Read, 30 April 2013

I actually read the book twice so I fully understood the concepts.

A 'must have' for anyone who is in the business of managing people, it will be invaluable in helping to solve personnel issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Stress! Smile!, 4 Feb. 2015
First of all, I love Colin Smith’s books. His straightforward, sometimes cheeky way of writing is something I really enjoy. This book on dealing with difficult people was again, one of Colin’s best. The information he provides and the techniques and tips he suggests are phenomenal. In the past I worked in an environment that actually bred difficult people, and I wish more than anything I would have had the guidance of this book while I was still working there! The simple techniques for relieving stress work so well, as well as the “Jedi Mind Trick” (read to find out how!) I love that he is truthful in saying that it is easier to change yourself, your reactions than it is to change someone else. That is true in any situation, difficult or not, so it’s a good thing to keep in mind. Reading this book will definitely help you cut down on the stress in your life!

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting and educational read, 2 Dec. 2014
Dealing with difficult people can be hard for anyone and if you are not aware of why they are difficult in the first place, you will struggle to know where to start.

The author of this book does a great job of explaining the fundamentals of good communication in relation to awkward conversations that can occur when dealing with these difficult individuals.

I also found the section “seven types of difficult personalities” very interesting and I could pick out someone that I personally know that fit each of these descriptions….. I didn’t think I knew that many difficult people before reading this
All in all an interesting and educational read

1.0 out of 5 stars A VERY short book, 1 Jan. 2014
This book is 25 pages of big type. The advice is sound enough, but anyone who wants any depth at all should try something else. Booklet rather than book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice pamphlet for cover alone, 8 Mar. 2014
Funny for office joke but consider this more a pamphlet than a book very thin . Did the job of getting a big laugh at secret Santa

5.0 out of 5 stars Congruent and Informative, 28 Nov. 2014
A well informed approach to a difficult subject. There's no magic bullet; if you're confronted with difficult people you need systems to follow to avoid responding detrimentally, and this book lays it all out in clear language. There's valuable insight into improving your own communication skills, so that you can take the initiative early in any situation, and how to recognise and deal appropriately with the 7 different personality types. Congruent and Informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult People: Dealing With Difficult People at Work by Colin G Smith, 8 May 2015
At one time or another, all of us encounter “difficult” people—whether it’s at work or school, there are just some people that are hard to get along with. This book offers up some great advice on how to get through the day and erase those difficult encounters. Smith’s guide is a nice, easy, light read that still gives a good overview of several tips and tricks to learn to communicate with these people. Good overview, great advice, and worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 29 Nov. 2014
Voracious Reader (Citizen of Planet Earth) - See all my reviews
Excellent book. The book solves one problem. "Office politics and how to deal with difficult colleagues".

I am really happy I stumbled upon this book. I am most definitely going to keep it on Kindle. Even if you don't work in an office, it will give you a pretty definitive guide on how to deal with difficult people in your professional life.

Overall, good read. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Book, 11 Feb. 2014
The number of pages in a book will NEVER predict its value. This title is packed with not just advice but with specific how-to steps to come at changing your life, attitude and perspective regarding relationships with difficult people. I highly recommend buying it and, more importantly, applying the information within. If I could, I would actually rate it higher than 5 Stars!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Difficult People: Dealing With Difficult People At Work
Difficult People: Dealing With Difficult People At Work by Colin G Smith (Paperback - 8 Sept. 2013)