Published 16 months ago by maggie

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but.....
I'd like to know where he got the information about pregnant women taking 100,000 IUs a day for 9 months, which is ridiculous. He provides no reference for it just saying to google it. Well I did only to find studies where a single doses was given or a bimonthly dose which of course is a quite small amount daily.

Here's the quote

'for the mean time...
Published 20 months ago by Jon Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars All Doctors should be made to read this invaluable book. - ALSO SEE ADDITION 7 MONTHS LATER, 23 Jun 2013
This book has helped me more than any health book I have ever read. For the last year I have had unbearable Arthritic pains resulting in swollen hands,fingers and wrists and pains in every joint and muscle. I could not sleep but was tired out all the time. I also have Crohn's disease which I have managed with a diet for over 50 years. Two weeks ago a friend sent me an article on this book. It made sense. I had a blood test and it came back as being Adequate. I live in UK. Measurements are different in US. I thought that perhaps I didn't need extra Vit D. I emailed Jeff who is extremely approachable and helpful and it appears that on the US scale my vitamin D levels were below even the reference range!! This is really criminal.

Immediately I started taking 4000 iu Vit D and also Vitk2. After 4 days I felt much better. On day 5 I took 12000iu and the pain dramatically decreased. I upped the dose to 16000 and again the same. I am now on 20000 and I have never felt so well and have only been taking it for just over a week. My energy is slowly increasing and I am now looking forward. I will write another review when I am further down the line to see if it helps with Crohns. I feel the research of this man has saved me.

7 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE

I have now been on Vit D3 & K2 for the last 7 months. My severe Arthritis has disappeared and my Crohns disease is being cured. I had not eaten bread for years and years so I decided to try some. I have been eating it for a month with no ill effects. If I did this before Vit.D I had debilitating pain. The depression I suffered from for years has gone. This is a big thing for me. I feel fantastic. In fact I feel better than I have done in my whole life. I only wish I had had Jeff Bowles book years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has changed my life, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Miraculous Results Of Extremely High Doses Of The Sunshine Hormone Vitamin D3 My Experiment With Huge Doses Of D3 From 25,000 To 50,000 To 100,000 Iu A Day Over A 1 Year Period (Paperback)
This book has changed my life. Before a friend gave me an article written by Jeff Bowles about vitamin D3 I was incapacitated with Arthritis, had difficulty moving and couldn't even bear the weight of the bedclothes on my body. I had been a real sceptic but as I was so ill and my pain was increasing I thought 'I have nothing to lose' I really didn't care whether I lived or died so fear of an overdose wasn't an issue. I could hardly believe it. Within a week I could feel a big difference on only 5000iu. I quickly upped the dosage. That was 5 months ago and now I am taking 30000iu per day of D3 along with Vitamin K2. I am in my late seventies and am now on holiday having taken a plane journey of 12000 miles. In the whole of my life I have never felt so well. I only wish I had found out about this book and its author sooner. Why some people have been so negative is beyond me. I do not know Jeff Bowles from Adam apart from a couple of emails but I have found him to be extremely helpful and caring. I can only think the people with the adverse criticism had not taken Vitamin D because if they had and followed the instructions in this book they would have been helped. And does it really matter if some part of the book was repeated. This really works!! This has been proved by the many people who have taken it and found relief. I am delighted to find the book is now in a hard copy. I shall buy it to refer to as I feel comfortable with a book in my hand.
Thank you Jeff Bowles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but..., 20 Jun 2013
The information in this book could save many from illness and decrepitude. The author's experiment and very positive results with Vitamin D were based on much research that already exists in some less accessible and often forgotten places of great knowledge (that we, the readers would not dare to venture into). Jeff not only made the information available, but used himself as the subject of his research. That is why I give 5 stars for the information.

However...the formatting is pitiful and needs to be redone. Once it is done, this book could achieve an iconic position on Amazon and on the internet. Shame to keep it confined by the aspect so easily fixable.

Jeff, I strongly encourage you to hire an editor and have some work done.
Alternately, please, contact me. I can manage this project for you at no charge. I happen to know 2 editors who will be happy to get to work on this gem of excellent information. Information well presented is information that is more accessible and convincing. You have done a lot of great work. Why stop just before reaching the top?

5.0 out of 5 stars No words for how brilliant Jeff Bowles is!, 16 Jan 2014
This is one of the most important books I have ever read. I have had multiple sclerosis for approx 24 years and have always taken the view that diet and supplementation are crucial in managing it. However it wasn't until I read this and Jeff Bowles' other book 'Why is there no multiple sclerosis at the equator?' that my eyes were truly opened. Whilst I have been almost uber-obsessed with Vitamin D3 being the missing link, I had no idea of the parallel need for K2. I wish that Mr Bowles would investigate why heat and especially humidity has such a negative effect on m.s. I have to wear a coolvest when at the gym or out running or cycling and when on holiday in Zermatt in February at minus 12 degrees I could walk for hours in outdoor clothes. As soon as I get warm my symptoms take over and I have or stop being active. I can't wait to see if taking more Vit d3 and K2 will have any affect on this. Thank you so much for being a human gineau pig Mr Bowles and for giving me the confidence to up my daily dose of 4000iu vitD to 10,000iu and to add 45ug (don't know how much this is in ius) of K2. I'm already feeling less dizzy when looking at the sky or moving quickly. BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!

5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable book from Jeff Bowles, 8 Dec 2013
I cannot rate this book too highly. It is invaluable to me. I have now been taking large doses ofVit d3 along with vit K2 for 5 months. Thank heaven for Jeff Bowles and his years of study. I was in so much pain I could hardly walk but decided to vit d3 a try
Arthritis affected every joint, I had so much difficulty using my hands and I was extremely tired. That pain is now gone and I am about to travel to Australia for a long holiday Thank you Jeff Bowles for all your years of study. It has made so much difference to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crossing Off, 14 Oct 2013
For six years the boxes I checked were growing in number. From arthritis to vertigo and dozens of other conditions in between my health questionnaires began to resemble a medical dictionary of ailments. I saw osteopaths, rheumatologists, gynaecologists, psychologists, then at long last an endocrinologist, who performed a simple blood test that revealed I was extremely deficient in vitamin d. All of those years spent chasing answers for the cause of my debilitating muscle and bone aches,tendinitis, fatigue, insomnia, high cholesterol and blood sugar results, plus unexplained weight gain just might be due to this deficiency. I have been prescribed 60,000iU of dekristol (d3) per week for 3 months and didn't question the dose. After reading your book I decided to take an additional over the counter d3 dose of 5000iU each day as well as the weekly dose. I also take vitamin k2, cod liver oil and a vitamin b complex. I am going to use a uvb lamp. I was just diagnosed 5 days ago but I have had two good night's sleep, Achilles pain and tendon pain in hands has diminished, I feel energised and happier. I'm not a dairy fan but have increased calcium intake. I would not have done this had I not discovered your studies and references. It makes sense to me. Docs have pumped me full of potentially addictive painkillers, stomach damaging anti-inflammatory drugs, anti-seizure drugs and appetite suppressants as well as cortisone injections and steroids to try to control (not cure) my health problems. I took them without question and in desperation took them all. They caused short and long term damage to me, so experimenting with vitamin d3 seems like a walk in the park in comparison - but with REAL results in a short space of time. Thank you for giving me to take my endocrinologist prescription just that little bit further with your excellent book and case studies and reassuring cross references about the importance of high doses of vitamin d for optimum health in a way that the lay person can understand. I'm really looking forward to crossing off all those ailments from my very long list of health problems that have stumped my doctors for years. Your book gets a huge tick of approval from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating book by a brave soul, 24 Mar 2013
This book is worth its weight in gold, a fascinating book written by a brave and gentle soul.....Governments and pharmaceutical industry should be funding the research on natural solutions but they wont do it....greed and lack of awareness is killing our race everyday, there are though some brave souls, dancing to a different tune and Jeff is one of them....Highly recommend that you buy the book.....it may even save your life....

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody needs to read this book., 27 Dec 2013
If Jeff is correct in his findings,this book is a game changer.
I have been tracking various health issues over 15 years and kept on coming back to vitamin D deficiency no matter how hard I've tried to prove that it was something else.

Vitamin D deficiency is very scary because it is very complicated compared to other vitamins and minerals,and its not even a vitamin and there are three versions that we know of, that all interact so every time I tried to work out what was going on it ended in a contradictory mess.

Now along comes this book with a whole bunch of answers ready made.
Everything that is being suggested fits the jigsaw puzzle perfectly and that is very rare.
There is only one point that I feel I should make, there are a few references to calcium issues which I feel show a lack of understanding of the basic calcium operating system but this does not take anything away from his conclusions.

I am on this system and in a few weeks have already seen improvements in sleep pattern and anxiety which is very welcome.

I recommend everybody give this a go but be warned its not cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars As an MS Patient wonderful to read such a concise and eloquent Book by a Fellow Human Lab Rat disenchanted by Western Medicine, 17 Feb 2013
I have had MS for nearly 22 year - still walking and working full time but intolerant to all the "MS Treatment" Drugs.
I have written 3 Kindle books myself about how to deal with various horrid MS symptoms. Having been let down by everything that Western Medicine can throw at this disease, while never giving up or feeling a "victim", I am currently researching and writing a new book about Ayurveda and MS. I am no-ones fool and always approach others research with a calm, balanced and objective mind.
This book has impressed me beyond measure. Most PWMS have read about the Vitamin D connection due to the geographical balance of MS-briefly none at the equator, and increasing numbers the further away from the equator that you go.
Jeffs research and personal experimentation is new, exciting and documented with true intellect and objectivity.
I would very much like to correspond with the author and share experiences and data as I am currently writing as the MS Lab Rat, and would be willing (at my own risk) to test this theory in adddition to sharing my experiences and knowledge of both Ayurvedic Hebs and European Herbs, their effect, pharmacology and results. My email address is rach.chippendale@btinternet.com. I am also considering setting up a free website where those of us who are brave enough to challenge Western Pharmacological theory, and be our own lab rats, can correspond, contrast and compare our results.
The health revolution starts here!!
Best regards
RMK Chippendale (MSc.).

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope this book can save my life, 22 July 2013
This book is not easy to read because as the author states, it is quite jumbled and chaotic. There is some medical information contained in the book which can be difficult to understand if you are not a medical or healthcare professional. However, I thought this book was wonderful because the theories it presented seemed to have been well researched so they then appeared to be valid and logical. As soon as I finished the book, I ordered some vitamin D3 but before they arrived, strangely at a hospital visit a week later, the doctor mentioned that previous test results indicated I was very low on D3. I felt more well and energetic after 2 days of taking D3 and am hopeful this vitamin could support my recovery.