5.0 out of 5 stars A lifestyle change that is realistic, fulfilling and fun, 13 Sep 2013
A. SMITH - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Flourish Handbook: How To Achieve Happiness With Staying Power, Boost Your Well-Being, Enjoy Your Life More and Reach Your Potential (Paperback)
I've waited a while since getting the book before writing a review because despite eagerly awaiting it's arrival I didn't want to rush it. Having met Cheryl Rickman, the author, I knew I wanted to properly digest it's contents and make permanent lifestyle changes. The book actually encourages you to do exactly that and I smiled the first time I read that I should put it down and take action! This book is incredibly accessible and I imagine it has a broad appeal to people from all walks of life who want to live in a more enjoyable and fulfilling way. If you're not sure that you need a book to help you do this then the answer is quite simply this: You don't need a book to Flourish but why not treat yourself, why not make it easier to Flourish by following the guiding principles of someone who does and someone who writes about it in such a way that you don't feel you are reading a self help book but more confirming and re-evaluating the daily actions we take to be positive people and leave a positive mark on those around us. It's a great book and a very sound approach to living.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone needs a copy of this book!!!, 21 Aug 2013
Anonther amazing book from the very talented Cheryl Rickman. A fantastic mix of guidance, facts, personality & fun - everyone needs to own a copy of this book. I've related to everything I've read so far and am finding it impossible to put down. It's going to make a huge, positive impact on mine and my family's life. Just about to order another copy! Well done Cheryl Rickman - your positivity shines through every page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! THE book I've been looking for!, 14 Aug 2013
Dear Cheryl. My copy of The Flourish Handbook arrived at my little house in Praze an Beeble, Cornwall today. It looks beautiful. I have flicked through and every para I have read so far has made me 'yes, I know I need to address that' - 'no I'm not doing enough of that' and 'yes, I have totally forgotten about me' - you're too good. It's like the book is written for me and just me.

I am really looking forward to spending time with myself reading it, I'm going to go to Godrevy (my beach/my place) and start reading it next week - I'll send you a pic. It seems perfect for me right now. I have way too much on. You are a fabulously brilliant brave intrepid creative top totty bird

Big Hugs from the seaside to an amazingly talented lady. You're the biz xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone, 2 Oct 2013
Yay! Thank you Cheryl :) Absolutely jam packed with tips, worksheets, happy thoughts, activities and more, The Flourish Handbook is a wonderful guide to ensure you get the most out of your life and learn how to focus your mind on the things that really matter.

A hugely detailed, well-researched book supported by Cheryl's own experiences (and magnificent doodles!) The Flourish Handbook is just as suited to a lengthy afternoon read as it is to a quick flick through for a well-being boost.

Easy to read and follow, full of giggles and bursting with passion, The Flourish Handbook has something to offer everyone from Flourishing beginners to Flourishing experts. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 15 Sep 2013
Well written, easy to read and follow and very helpful and inspiring. I have many books on mindfulness practice, dealing with depression and anxiety etc... and this I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!!, 8 Nov 2013
A beautifully written book, a joy to read and gives you loads of ideas for making your life more positive! Sometimes we get lost in day to day living and routine and forget to actually enjoy it. I highly recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 14 Mar 2014
This book is full of great exercises to remain focused on your project of Flourishing. It is simple, to the point and at the same time very structured to allow you small but steady steps.
Thank you Cheryl for this valuable tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for the budding business person, 16 Feb 2014
F. Reynolds "Fran" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a gift for my daughter as she has recently started her own business and she felt this might be of interest. She says it is very good and has found it extremely helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 14 Oct 2013
I really loved The Flourish Handbook, it is very well written and flows really well. It's the sort of book that makes you want to read to the end. Actually when I reached the end I started back at the beginning again! I devoured the book so quickly that going back to the beginning means I can work through the book at a slower pace, going through each task and exercise as it is set. I am currently clearing out my wardrobe as part of my flourishing journey. I have printed off my worksheets and have a notebook so that I can keep a working journal of how I am flourishing.
I particularly liked the part where the author asks me to think about the things I enjoyed doing as a child.
The author writes in a way that makes the book interesting to read and fun, too. She makes me laugh with the fun words and phrases that she uses throughout the book.
I actually love this book so much that I am giving it 5 stars and a thumbs up. I have just bought 2 copies to give as Christmas presents and one on kindle as a birthday present.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to make you smile, 2 Feb 2014
Ricci (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Although I haven't followed this as prescribed, I have followed a few of the suggestions and accepting that I'm bound to do some of the things I have to do with good grace rather than begrudingly has made my days happier. Smiling more, giving genuine compliments and being grateful has also improved my happiness. Great good, definitely recomend it.