Format: PaperbackChange

on 3 April 2014
This, as with most of Kenyons novels, was extremely entertaining and gave me a bit of everything I had expected in the book. Only real let down was the length - I had been expecting a full novel, but sadly this is a short novel and as a result much of the detail I come to expect in Kenyon novels was missing. Still, it made for a nice few hours read and I plan to re read it in the near future. In terms of the series as a whole, not one of the strongest but not the weakest either I'd say. At the end of the day, I have to give Kenyon kudo's for writing this at all - a lot of authors would back down from the task, after all same sex relationships are still in heavy debate in most societies. Kenyon writes this well and for those with doubts, I would really suggest you read it even if you're not comfortable with the relationship itself, it is not over the top and regardless of your knowledge or experience with novels on the topic, I think you'll enjoy it. Give it a chance even if you normally wouldn't.
on 12 September 2013
I really loved this book I loved the characters and the way the story progressed to its great conclusion. I look forward to the next book with great anticipation. Brilliant
on 10 September 2013
The story was too short and felt a bit like a filler, as someone else mentioned in their review. I have read the other books in the series, had come to love Maris as a character and feel that his romance developed too quickly. It seemed to be love at first sight, which is nice but the main characters had such a haunted past that it was a bit difficult to believe. Overall a nice romance/story and worth the £1.99 I paid, but I expected a bit more from SK.
on 20 August 2013
What can I say? I was unsure about this before reading, for the simple fact that I didn't think it would have anything in it to interest me. Boy was I wrong. It was brilliant. It followed the characters from previous books and it will be one that I go back to again and again in this series... Yes the two main characters are men, and even though I'm the most non judgemental person on the planet! I really did think that I like my romance purely male/female, obviously so I can fantasise about myself with extremely gorgeous alpha hero's etc. lol! But this SURPRISED ME... I don't want to ruin the story by telling you too much but I would highly recommend this shorter novella story to the league series. It was beautifully told and you couldn't help but feel for the pair. So far I haven't read anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon that I've disliked, but this was just one more facet to her writing and her wonderfully created world. Big Thumbs Up!
on 10 October 2013
So, before I start raving, I need to warn everyone that I am biased towards Ms Kenyon's League stories. That being said, I have to admit to the only thing wrong with this story was the length - it just wasn't long enough to give me more of one of my favourite characters from the series (one among many). I love Maris and was so happy to read his happily ever after story and Ture was the perfect companion for him. So empathic and understanding and totally hot too (I love men who can cook!) I just wanted to hold them both close. Added to all that manlove the war with the League continued on with lots of action, blood and gore, as is the norm for these stories, so those who only read it for that won't be disappointed either. I was really disappointed to get to the end so quickly, but I won't complain for too long, as I am sure Maris & Ture will appear in future books as secondary characters. *hint, hint Ms Kenyon*
on 17 July 2013
I am a major bookworm, and I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's books. I am also a major fan of MM romance and Sherrilyn is not the first mainstream author to release a MM this year however she IS the first to get it right!! The one thing that shines straight through this book, as with all her books, is the love between the main characters, forget what sex they are these two people have been abandoned by their families and have major trust issues and they slowly learn to lean on each other. If you love the League series READ THIS BOOK, do not let any slight insecurities put you off! And all I can hope is that Caronese law allows same sex marriage and if is doesn't someone needs to have a word with the Emperor!!!
on 10 August 2013
i have loved Maris ever since i first met him, and when i discovered that he and Ture had become an item at the end of Born of silence i was intrigued as to how that came about. i have cloak and silence on my iPod but have been wanting the book for ages so that i could add it to my existing collection.
i found this story very well written, and i throughly enjoyed every minute of it; the only thing is i would have preferred it to be longer.
i can't wait for the next league book which will be Hauk's story, also i would like for Maris and Ture's son Terek to have his own story.
All in all a very good read!
on 27 July 2013
My heart was captured by Nykyrian and all his family and friends right from the very first League book. And as the series gets bigger so does my heart to encompass all these amazing heroes and heroines. Cloak & Silence is another excellent book my only complaint is that it's far too short. That being said I loved it and there are very few books under 300 pages I even like let alone under 200. Also thanks Sherrilyn for being brave enough to include Maris & Ture.
on 19 November 2013
Been waiting to get my hands on this book. Im so glad I have it now.. I can't wait to see the next book written by this author
on 6 August 2013
I love all of Sherrilyn Kenyon's works and there's always a complex but interesting background as to why the characters act the way they do. I fell in love with Maris in the previous book Born of Silence aka Darlings book and I was glad that the two managed to pull through. Any fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon should read this even though its not as long as some of her novels it is still worth a read.