5.0 out of 5 stars More of the Villagers!
I've been waiting to see where the idiots from the last book ended up, so I was more than pleased when i was sent a review copy. This book is just as funny and the characters just as stupid, if not stupider than the original. I read in one sitting and am interested to see if there'll ever me a 'further village Idiot reviews'
Published 13 months ago by Lucy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good toilet book
I really only bought this on a whim. It quickly becomes rather repetative, and it's certainly not a book to be taken too seriously. But a great book for picking up, reading a few paragraphs, and putting back down again.
Published 5 months ago by Lyndsey

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the Villagers!, 5 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 1 May 2014
hilarious reading, easy to relate to. Very light reading if you want to jolly your day, ideal for all ages

3.0 out of 5 stars Good toilet book, 17 Jan 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars I can see why it's popular... but..., 3 Jan 2014
I picked this up when free, and it came recommended from some respectable places. I'm not entirely sure what to say about it, but I'll do my best.

It's a sequel, of sorts, but I was assured would be easily pick-up-able as a standalone book, and it is. It's a series of fictional review-cum-vignettes written by the population of a village of simpletons, each of whom believes themselves to be the smartest tool in a box of very blunt tools. The reviews are of items tenuously linked to each vignette, and each as each reviewer takes a turn, you see that everybody is in some way to blame for another's misfortune.

Okay, so the device is excellent, and applaudably original. I'm yet to see another book like this, and I can see why it is such a popular item. Sortwell has come up with a quality idea, and huge kudos for him for that.

My issue comes with the content, and it's down to a personal preference thing rather than anything that the author has done wrong. The humour is far too gentle for my tastes, aside from a few glimpses of innuendo, which prevented me from cracking much more than an occasional smile. The thing I could compare it to most, is the sort of eighties children's TV which had subtle dirty jokes that only adults could get. TV like Dangermouse, or Rainbow. So, apologies to the author for only 3 stars. If it had been pitch black in humour and content then it would have been five stars. As it is, however, it's just the 3. Excellent format, but personally I'd prefer the content a bit riskier.

5.0 out of 5 stars TCP is never good for shredded nipples., 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: More Village Idiot Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Sequel) (Paperback)
The first review had be howling.The image of Father Frederick riding a holiday moped in nothing but speedos, socks and his dog collar set me off. The accident and what the locals, who take a dislike to him tell him to do to help himself almost had me wetting myself. The book interlinks all the different reviews into a story and I wish I'd read the first book before this. Never mind, I'll be going back to read it and the others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very droll, 17 Dec 2013
Clever, and well written. The comedy seeps through and is cumulative; but laugh out loud? Hmmmmm. Not for me. Good Sunday evening nothing on the TV book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great silly stories, 8 Dec 2013
After reading this funny book there is only one thing that I can think of doing . That is finding the follow-up so that I can continue to have such a smile on my face.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a shower !, 30 Sep 2013
Mrs. Pamela Henderson (knaresborough yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this quite unusual book - very funny and loved the way the characters all intertwined. What neighbours !

4.0 out of 5 stars Made Me Chuckle, 29 Sep 2013
Bought this as it didn't cost a bean to buy! Various short stories, all of which made me laugh out loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, 18 Sep 2013
I haven't read the first one of these books but this is a delightful book. Very funny and some good laugh out loud stories. Short stories from different villagers which interlink.

More Village Idiot Reviews  (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Sequel)
More Village Idiot Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Sequel) by Pete Sortwell (Paperback - 12 July 2013)
4.99