5.0 out of 5 stars Fab series!! Great new English writer!
Helen Harper is a new author I have just discovered after I have read Robin Hobb's Assassin series and this one was recommended. HH's style was really easy to read and allows you to sink very quickly into the story and immerse yourself ... Well I wallowed in this series! And it's fantastic that I didn't have to wait til the next one comes out because the whole series have...
Published 17 months ago by Terresa

3.0 out of 5 stars good start to the series
For paranormal fans expecting a story of epic proportions from Bloodfire I am afraid you would be disappointed. However as this book concentrates very much on laying the foundation for the remainder if the series I would suggest that the epicness will be worth waiting for later in the Blood Destiny series!
Mackenzie is exactly the kind of heroine I enjoy reading...
Published 18 months ago by kirstyv

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant story, 13 Jun. 2014
I loved reading this story, it is a must read. Going to read the next 4 books. Hope there will be more.

5.0 out of 5 stars great series, 29 Mar. 2014
Loved this series - a huge relief to find it finished too so no waiting for the next one either!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Series, 18 Feb. 2014
I would highly recommend. I read all five books just under a week. Could not put them down. The Charaters are really well written and will make you change your mind on who you do and dont like throughout the Series. I was glad the story wasnt dragged on for more than five books but a little sad the series came to an end. Read the first book and make up your own mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing story, 19 Jan. 2014
Very entertaining read and I liked the heroine of this series, I can't wait to get the next instalment of the series, highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Series, 15 Jan. 2014
Have now read all 5 of the Blood Destiny books, thoroughly enjoyed then, could hardly wait to find out what happened next and read late into the night. I was sad to reach the series end last night!.
This first one, Bloodfire, I have to admit I couldn't quite make out what was happening over the first chapter or so and it nearly lost my attention, but am I glad that I stuck with it!!!!
They also do have to be read all in the right order too

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloodfire (blood destiny 1), 13 Jan. 2014
Thank you for a great read, looking forward to the next book. Great story line and I hope the next book is just as gripping as book 1!

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll be hooked onthis book/series., 13 Dec. 2013
The synopsis tells you enough about the book that I don't need to give spoilers. Suffice to say that the writing is good, the characters are extremely likeable and the plot is fun. When I finished the book, I felt as if I'd left old friends, and immediately ordered the other 4 books in the series ... I can't recommend them highly enough (though you should read them in order to get the most from them.) Buy this, you won't be disappointed. You might well be hooked, though!!

4.0 out of 5 stars great series, 8 Dec. 2013
I found the first third of the first book a little hard going, then the writing suddenly warmed up. Humour crept in. So did sarcasm, a healthy use of the F word and a great line in self depreciation.

All the elements of UF were there, refreshingly and interestingly mixed into a very entertaining format.

The writing was clear and well punctuated (how rare!) and never distracted me from the story.

I loved the way all the characters were allowed to change and develop as events affected them. I grinned with delight when Mack's sneaking around caused clothing rips and chewing gum getting stuck in her hair. I delighted in the heartless power grabbing of the vampires (no teen heart throbbing here). I liked the fact that it took 3 books before the heart-mate relationship solidified, and we got to know him first, warts and all. I appreciated how small scenes built into rounded character portraits (Aubrey and Solus (sp?), complete with compassion, humour and impatience. Oh, and I want to know more about the Fae (which is a first).

Was it perfect? No. The first book took a while to settle in, and the second felt like a novella intended to fill in time between 1 and 3. But those are tiny niggles. The overall series was excellent.

Can't wait to find our where Harper goes with the next series!

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought the other reviews were fake - this is brilliant, 27 Nov. 2013
I hadn't come across this series before and I honestly thought that all the positive reviews meant that they must be fake and written but the Author (sorry Helen Harper).

They're not wrong the book is great. It reminds me a bit of the Iiona Andrews magic series in that she is a non shifter surrounded by shifters and attracts the attention of a best lord. It's well written, brilliant British swearing and very smart. Downloading number 2 as we speak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first book, 19 Nov. 2013
D. Rainford "Book Luva" (Cambs, England) - See all my reviews
I was looking for something new to read and this book caught my eye, that and the fact that it had such good reviews. I am so glad that I bought it, it was a brilliant start to a new series and after reading the first book I went and bought the rest of the series and read the books one after another. If your a fan of Connie Suttle then you will definitely enjoy these books.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Bloodfire: Blood Destiny I: 1
Bloodfire: Blood Destiny I: 1 by Helen Harper (Paperback - 25 July 2013)