5.0 out of 5 stars Real page turner
This book was a great read and the story had me gripped very early on. I'd recommend it to any young girl or their parents.
Published 19 months ago by G Worrall

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea not keen on the format
I bought this for my ten year old great niece. She appears to be happy with it so that's fine.

I was a little disappointed with the format; somewhere between a book and a booklet.

Having been a great fan of Twins at St. Clare's and Mallory Tower's back in the 1960's (which my great nieces also read) I love the idea of an updated version.
Published 2 months ago by chrispy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Real page turner, 22 Aug. 2013
G Worrall - See all my reviews
This review is from: The TOP SECRET Diary of Davina Dupree (Aged 10): A Hilarious Detective Adventure for 8 - 12 Year Old Girls (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 30 Sept. 2013
Perfect present for a 10 year old girl cannot recommend this great book enough. She was really pleased with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Sept. 2013
My niece devoured this book, really good fun and brilliantly written with a captivating plot. Can't wait to see what the girls get up to next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Sept. 2013
Brilliant book, would highly recommend. I read it first to check it was suitable for my daughter and found that I really enjoyed it to. My daughter has started reading it now and has barely put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next diary, 18 Aug. 2013
Can't wait for the next diary. Love the read from an ex-boarding school pupil, not so wealthy, aged 69 and 3/4.
Ticia.com

5.0 out of 5 stars A well written book!, 24 Aug. 2013
A well written and funny take on the life of a 10 year old girl. I like that the book has been written with double spacing so is easier to read for the younger audience. The plot is well thought out and keeps you entertained until the last page, the author has done that rare thing that is difficult with a book and that is to make it accessible to children and adults. This is a good read!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 20 Aug. 2013
Funny, quirky, clever and highly entertaining! It's a fun, refreshing page turner that adults and children can enjoy together - excellent.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Can I have my Kindle back"? "Not until I've finished the book", 17 Aug. 2013
I bought the Kindle version for my 8 year old daughter. I gave her my Kindle to read the first 'diary entry' and it appears I won't be seeing my Kindle for quite some time as my daughter refuses to give it back until she's finished the whole book! She says she's really enjoying the story and wants to play spy-games with her friends afterwards. It's lovely to see her so engaged and enthusiastic about the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brownie points for me!, 19 Aug. 2013
I bought this book as a holiday pastime read for my visiting great-niece.
Good decision, even the customary visits to the beach took second place and had to be timetabled around the diary entries!
Impressive to find something so absorbing for this age group. More please!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, 6 Jan. 2015
This is a great read. It really captures a child's imagination and is a fun, adventurous representation of a typical 10yr olds diary. It's the perfect gift for a child whom has an interest in reading fantasy and fiction. I particularly like the fact that the author has designed and illustrated the cover, encompassing the character of Davina Dupree from her own reflection of how she imagines Davina would look. I would also go as far as to say, that this would transfer well into a TV Drama. Highly recommend your purchase this!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›