5.0 out of 5 stars Governments gone mad!
Published 16 months ago by Lively

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever concept
This is a clever narrative device, though the humour is sometimes forced because the stories are being told by the central characters. The satire is sharp and focussed and, in these times, much needed.
Published 4 months ago by John Wright

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A funny political satire, 12 Jan 2013
Quaser "Q" (Wellingborough, Northants) - See all my reviews
This is a review of The Idiot Government Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Satirical Comedy)

This book, like the others in the series, tells the story through reviews of products available on Amazon.co.uk.

Full of instantly recognisable characters from the world of politics, like Cameron Davies, Ted Williebond, Elouise Munch and Gary Usborn, the story lurches from the sublimely funny to the ridiculous, offering an insight into the murky world of political intrigue.

This book caricatures recent political history in 'Southamptonshire', and, with a little thought, accurately reflects some real events though in a typically oblique way. A lot of the fun in this book is trying to work out the satirical references.

Though it will date very quickly as political events don't last long in the public consciousness, it is an entertaining book, with some laugh out loud moments.

4 stars for this original concept.

Please note that I received my review copy direct from the author Pete Sortwell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Governments gone mad!, 18 Dec 2012
Well this is the one, if you have ideas about the government this is about as good as they get,being imparcial myself as i dont have an opinion on our government (see i can lie like them) it just shows what a useless bunch of twats they really are, although fictitious characters once again we can see these people in the government old school network and all, the author has captured this well 3rd in the series and this is the best yet had me laughing and visualising them using the reviewed items. If you want some light relief from the governments strangle hold this is for you enjoy :).

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it a lot, 24 Mar 2013
I like it alot. I brought this after reading the others in the Idiot Review series, It's a little different as in you can tell who the characters are supposed to be. It's just as funny though and a really clever way of writing. I'm looking forward to more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would have paid, 5 Jun 2013
I got this book on a free download however I would have paid double the asking price it is now. I loved the way it was written in reviews and I loved the way the writer has poked those in power with a stick. Cameron Davies is clearly the PM and he's often left with egg on his face, much like the leader we have now!

I great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Political satire at it's best, 5 Jun 2013
Political satire at it's best

I've never read a book quite like this before. There are other books that poke fun at the Government, this one is different. I worked out who all the characters were except a couple who I'd love to know the real identity of.

The situations are ridiculous in the normal world however the author hits the nail on the head with the way he puts it, It may be brash, it may be silly but we see worse in our newspapers everyday from the word of Whitehall.

A fantastic read and very funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 24 Mar 2013
Read it in one sitting. I've been a fan of this author since I read The Village Idiot Reviews, this is the third in the series that i've read and just as good. I like how I could guess who the real people the characters where based on. there were several moments when I wished I wasn't in public reading it, due to laughing out loud and looking crazy. I'm looking forward to the next release.

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever concept, 14 Dec 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay read, 21 Nov 2013
For me this fell between satire and comedy with occasional excellent glimpses of both - but not quite enough in my opinion

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful series of books, 26 Sep 2013
I love this series of books: ingenious, clever and funny. Read in a day or so - and as you are reading it, click on the actual Amazon links for an even funnier experience. Super series and I hope he does more (yes, I have read the Village Idiot ones, which are also great).

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting concept, topical in 12-13, 22 Sep 2013
John Hope (UK) - See all my reviews
It's an unusual idea and it works quite well. Each product reviewed leads to a further incident in a tangled web of political machinations, some of which are very funny. The way the author ties up the individual incidents is clever, and often funnier than the incidents themselves.
One can easily identify the real characters behind the names and the topical politics of 2012-13. But, as with all books of this nature, in five years time it will have lost most of its punch. The corrupt and self-serving nature of British politicians is now so well known that the reader cannot avoid approaching the book with a somewhat jaded view, and with expectations of predictability. However, the author's choice of bizarre, slapstick incidents manages to overcome this, and I found myself chuckling in many places. My favourite was Chancellor Gary Osburn's mistaking his staff for protesters and spraying them with pepper spray.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb7da9c78)

The Idiot Government Reviews (A laugh out loud comedy book)
The Idiot Government Reviews (A laugh out loud comedy book) by Pete Sortwell (Paperback - 27 Jun 2013)
4.99