5.0 out of 5 stars Great thriller!, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Identity X (Kindle Edition)
A wonderfully fast paced and dynamic thriller that will keep you guessing until the very end.
Believable characters and a fantastic story, with very detailed descriptions. Once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down and highly recommend it; you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant put it down, 7 Aug 2014
This review is from: Identity X (Kindle Edition)
A fast paced thrilling adventure. This book will sweep you up and carry you along in a great story. Im not going to say any more than this as i don't want to spoil it for you when you read it. You will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bloody Good Book!, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Identity X (Paperback)
I was given the book as an ARC.

In four words, A BLOODY GOOD BOOK. From the intriguing beginning, where Ben Stone has made a discovery of epic scientific proportions, to a middle of deceit and thievery, to an end that tears a hole in your heart, Identity X is a thriller that will hold you on the edge of your seat and not allow you to lean back, take a breath and collect your thoughts before launching you into the next chapter.

The characters (ah, the characters - I loved them all) are well thought out and rich with depth. She has good guys, bad guys and some who sit on the fence tapping their fingers on their lips thinking hmmm, what should I do and that makes for an engaging read. Oh, and there are not so many characters that you lose track of them. There is an intimacy with each one that allows you to become invested in their futures. The writer has done a wonderful job of creating a connection with each of the main characters in the book and for me that is the biggest deal breaker to my enjoyment of a story. You will love, hate, cry, feel and empathize with them, and wish for long painfully excruciating deaths (oh, sorry, that was my outside fingers typing) of some.

The setting captures your senses and draws you into Ben's world, the world of London and the world of the not so distant future. The author does a fabulous job writing with all the senses; sight, touch, smell, taste and sound. You are there when she writes the scene.

The action and thrill keep the plot moving at a steady pace, which, like I said above truly holds your attention.

I can't go too much into the plot without giving away the story because the twists and turns are paramount to the enjoyment of the read and if I tell one twist then I would have to tell all the turns and then ... well, that's not why I'm here (to regurgitate the story to you). You'll have to buy the book and see for yourself and I have to say that, if you enjoy thrillers with a scientific twist, than you will enjoy Identity X.

The only negative? It was not the ending that I would have hoped for or expected, but I realize that world does not revolve around me so I can't get everything I want. Although, to bring it back to a positive, great ending anyway and perhaps that is what makes it so good; it's not what was expected and makes you want to see what happens next (sequel anyone?).

So, I recommend this book, to anyone who would like to read a fast paced, intriguing and suspenseful book. Thank you to the author for letting me into her world of Ben Stone. 4.5-Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Did not disappoint, 24 Sep 2013
M Medler "Ella" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Identity X (Kindle Edition)
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
The synopsis accurately describes the action, and I loved the concept right from the very beginning... which was slow. So slow, in fact, that it took me days on end to pass the first 20% of the book. But then, so do some of Ruth Rendell's books, and I still loved her. I persevered, mostly because I loved the concept. This had to get better! And it did.
Michelle Muckley did not disappoint. By 25% of the way through, the main character discovers he's being targeted by an assassin. Imagine that! By 50%, my initial 4 star rating jumped to 5 stars, and then it fixed there for the duration. I absolutely loved the plot, the twists and turns, Ben's gormlessness and Hannah's determination. I even loved her father, who only featured for a couple of pages.
The author is a skilled storyteller and she has the knack of making the characters realistic. I loved them (or loved to hate them), though I would have expected Mike's motives to be better veiled in mystery. As it was, the story allowed the reader to know more than the main character and, more than once, I found myself muttering `No, Ben, don't do that!'. It worked for me. I was completely invested, and no way could I bring myself to put the book down from about 65% onwards.
A very enjoyable book, right on the point where three genres meet - mystery, action and thriller - I would wholeheartedly recommend it. I would happily gift it to some of my friends. Five shiny stars for Identity X.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story!, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Identity X (Kindle Edition)
The world in which the novel develops is masterly, a surreal yet perfectly plausible place!! The story line is great. Stop there so I don't spoil it.
Limacam

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, but ..., 25 Nov 2013
N. Mercier (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Identity X (Kindle Edition)
... many spelling errors. In particular, the author appears not to know how to spell drawer! Even on her web site where the plural (drawers) is written as "drawes.

If you need a proof-reader, contact me.

Identity X
Identity X by Miss Michelle Muckley (Paperback - 13 Jun 2013)
6.97