4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published 14 months ago by Fozzie

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but not as good as others
As a Radio Presenter with a couple of years experiance, I wanted to get a book which gave some extended advice, which this does, but sadly not as good as Peter Stewarts "Essential Radio Skills", but for the price, it is good. Whilst its a slightly short ish read, it still contains really interesting advice, which is handy. A good read.
Published 1 month ago by Thomas B.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 July 2013
I have been a broadcaster for more than 20 years. I have seen how the industry has changed and how the role as the presenter is constantly evolving. This book was not only a positive and encouraging read but it contains common-sense advice. By far the most accurate and up to date guide applicable that reveals the secrets behind the magical world of radio. If I had written this, I would probably have written the same. What it challenges the reader to do is take what they hear and break it down into patterns and formulas, ones they can learn to identify, replicate and succeed with (certainly initially). Particularly poignant in places, the writers have clearly done the job and are doing it now, this book wasn't written in the 70s, it feels more like last Wednesday.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but thin, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Walking On Air: How to be a radio presenter: 1 (Media Success) (Paperback)
I bought this for my dad because of the reviews - having very briefly flicked through a few pages he said he had picked up some things he didn't know, and so it is worth it, but the book is tiny - it didn't look like I was handing him a £15 book, it looked like I was giving him a freebie pamphlet. I know quality rather than quantity - but as a gift it certainly does not look impressive to receive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading, 1 Jan 2014
Neil Wilkinson (Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have studied many books on getting into the Radio business but this is by far the best, most helpful and encouraging one I have read. There are lots of pieces of valuable information I have found nowhere else. If you are serious about getting into Radio, this is the book you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now that was an eye-opening book !, 12 Oct 2013
I had no idea that working in radio could be so simple. I was impressed at the frankness of this book which seems to focus on the methods upon which radio is operated today, it infers this might not be how it always was. I was interested in the book which I absorbed on the train from Leeds to London and will be able to refer back to. Definitely recommended to people who have an old fashioned or blinkered view on what it really takes to make it in what appears to be a very serious industry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, 27 July 2013
With so many industry folk doing testimonials on their sales page - I figured it was worth a go. Very worth it. Lots in here I never knew and read the whole thing in an afternoon. Enlightening. I give it the full five stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but not as good as others, 24 July 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 23 Jun 2013
Having done local radio over the years, this book was recommended to me via a radio friend.

I thought the price was steep but having read the first few pages now realise that it was money well spent.

Blimey, Ive not read it all the way through but this book is truly amazing and gives an amazing insight into the world of radio, the little secrets that big radio bosses will never tell you plus handy do`s and donts...

Ive been doing radio on a local level for around 6 years and thought I knew alot about radio....until I started to read this....I just wish I had read this book 6 years ago as Im sure I would have been alot further up the radio ladder by now. Its very very well written, (no pictures, just in case you are an anorak) and I think I would have paid treble the amount to read this knowledge.

Thank you so much, one of the best books Ive ever read and can highly recommend it to those people wanting to get into radio, those wanting to progress in radio, or just understand just how it works.

Great for both BBC and commerical radio peoples.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great insight..., 23 Jun 2013
I bought this book for my son who is studying media at University. All he has ever wanted to do is go on to be a Radio Presenter....whilst this book gives great insight into the industry it has also given my son some valuable trade secrets and has given me a window into his chosen career path. A fantastic read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time Saving Tomb, 20 Aug 2014
I like books you can read fast, extrapolate what you need, and move on. This is a short book, warmly written. A great deal of industry secrets and mindsets which surprised and inspired me. I am saying 5 stars because I like short information books, others like Peaks and Valleys, Who moved my Cheese and Property Investment for beginners. There is no need for fluff. I also read The Science of Getting Rich, a short 100 page tomb. Anyone who wants to be a radio presenter will need this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best I have read!, 7 Mar 2014
R. A. Owens "ArtyFarty" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
Not in the least bit helpful or of interest. Was hoping for a much better guide. Sorry but there are much better books on the subject.

Walking On Air: How to be a radio presenter: 1 (Media Success)
Walking On Air: How to be a radio presenter: 1 (Media Success) by Radio Talent (Paperback - 18 Jun 2013)