5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable read
Well, the title is spot on accurate summation of the plot, at least initially. The protagonist watches as an old lady almost gets hit by a car, the driver gets out to confront her and then is promptly flattened. They take the car, then dump it. Things accelerate briskly from there as the old lady asks the protagonist to move in with her. Events take an even stranger,...
Published 13 months ago by paintmonet

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting concept
I thought it flowed well, but felt the ending was too sudden. A little more detail would have made it more interesting
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky!, 21 Sept. 2014
Strange strange strange! As I read this book it seemed to become rather ludicrous and maybe even stupid, but I couldn't put it down, and read it all the way through without stopping - whether just curiosity or not I don't know. I am asking myself, 'if I had known in advance exactly how it would read would I have bought it?' Crazily I don't know the answer! Equally I'm glad I actually read it. Buy it and decide for yourselves!

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting concept, 11 May 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Amusing story concept but fire the proofreader!, 8 May 2014
The content is captivating and the pace of the story makes it hard-pressed for one to put down once started. Also, it turned into a bit of a contest with myself to identify just how many books mentioned within the story I have already read. Quite pleasingly, there are quite a few works under my 'read belt' and I shall explore some more of the others. Thank you for inspiring that!

This read would have been even more enjoyable and thus, higher rated, had it not been due to the numerous spelling, grammar and punctuation errors throughout the book. Proofreading is essential. Let me repeat; proofreading is essential!

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 5 May 2014
I am half way through and found it boring after the first two chapters.Not bothering with the rest of the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 24 Sept. 2013
The idea of the story was ingenious and it worked so well. What a good idea. I highly recommend this book it was brilliantly executed and a thoroughly good read. Its hard not to explain the plot but that would spoil it for the reader, so take a chance you wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 18 Sept. 2013
I highly recommend Fred Schafer's wonderful new adventure novel, The 92-Year Old Lady Who Made Me Steal A Dead Man's Car. This tale is beautifully written and takes the reader on a fascinating journey, through the realms of quantum physics, philosophy, literary history, and dare-devil crime. Through sheer fortuity, Eberhardt Walker bumps into, and saves the skin, of an elderly but hardly defenseless lady, Irene Sonntag. At her apartment, he discovers the heroes of many of the great novels of modern times, who dwell like specters in her large library. It turns out that they are not entirely satisfied with the books that brought them into being: many want new endings. In a riotous conspiracy, they contrive to change the endings of these books and propel them into new life in cyberspace through the trusty medium of Amazon.com. This is not before the literary figures are thrown into jail for their gigantic fraud and must plead their innocence in terms that Stephen Hawking would relish. What becomes of the elderly lady and her literary companion? The conclusion will amuse and fascinate readers that take seriously the depth and texture of creative imagination. The leading ladies in these novels, I am glad to report, are even sexier than their flesh and blood counterparts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reality versus fiction, 18 Sept. 2013
A major twist occurs in the first 27 pages which really took me by surprise. As a reader, I think it would be many readers dreams to be able to bring to life characters from books to live in the real world. Ask them questions, have debates about worldly matters and when it comes down to it and those we most fantasied in the novel, be intimate with. The 92-Year-Old Lady Who Made Me Steal a Dead Man's Car explores this path.

I loved the story! Original and fresh. I enjoyed the voice of the main character Eberhardt Walker and Irene (the old lady) had me always wanting to know what she thought of the antics that went on.

It does go into the realms of what creates somebody's imagination and what is real? What if only there is one real person in the world and everyone else is made part of their imagination? A somewhat philosophical insight produced through a thrilling and entertaining read.

Should you read this, yes!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, 15 Sept. 2013
Interesting subject between the old woman and the author. A new take on things.

The book does loose it's way going over the characters and author combination. There were errors dotted over the book, could of done with some editing, but it didn't spoil the book too much.

4.0 out of 5 stars I found this book a bit weird but a totally ..., 1 Sept. 2014
I found this book a bit weird but a totally unique storyline. Some parts were a bit long winded but generally an enjoyable read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother!, 19 Feb. 2014
John Harper (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a badly written, ill conceived and unconvincing fantasy that manages to bore rather than amuse. Don't waste your time and money on this.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›