Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 May 2013
I could just not put this book down all the way through. What a great story.As are all the books in this series.
on 4 June 2012
I hope their will be a fourth even fifth Marius' mules that will take us to the invasion of Briton and the return to Rome.

All three Marius' mules have been easy reading and involved me in the process from the beginning.

The only criticsm I would have is that even though the fight scenes are interesting they are sometimes a bit too long.

Donmac

Marius' Mules 111
on 14 May 2013
A very good book as good as EMPIRE series by Anthony Riches and Simon Scarrow series. Good story well told
on 12 June 2016
I found books 1 and 2 in a second hand book shop...I have been smitten ever since. Now reading this one and not disappointed. This books have fantastic characters fantastic storyline which are so detailed you feel that you are actually there, the battle scenes are especially well written.
If you like these kind of books you will not be disappointed.
Can't wait to read the rest
on 22 May 2013
a good yarn for the lovers of historical novels the best of the 4 so far waiting for number V
on 10 July 2013
good story not able to put it down down to earth lines not to far out to get hold of
on 19 June 2015
I've read 1-3 and this gets 4 stars because its got me hooked, and I shall probably read the lot now. However, it's becomming a little bit 'same-same' - Fronto repeatedly gets drunk; Fronto repeatedly annoys Ceasar; Fronto gets injured; and Fronto does something brave. In 4 onwards, I'll be hoping for something a little different!
on 11 June 2014
I love historical novels and when you buy a batch of 5 at once you hope the first will make you glad you did.No problem there,this series is great reading and the main character Fronto is exactly that,a real character and you become engrossed in his military life, full of battles and surviving despite all the odds.
on 2 February 2014
third in the series of now 6 the lasts being Caesar's Vow.

I loved it.

Fast paced, plenty of history, plenty of action, plenty of intrigue, in my opinion possibly one of the finest Historical Novels I have read.

Already well into the forth and that is looking absolutely excellent.
on 2 December 2014
Another BRILLIANT read had kindle not been on the market we would not of heard of writers like S.J.A TURNEY in book shops like w.h. Smith another well written story full of action and twists real page turner the Roman legions com to life a cannot putdown read BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!