5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow
If like me you and technololology have an awkward relationship, then you probably don't respond well to instructions provided by manufacturers, that's if you even try to look at them. This is a great book for anyone making the migration to wondows 8. Everything
is explained nice and easy, and everything is illustrated. I recommend this book.
Published 14 months ago by Michael Finlayson

3.0 out of 5 stars clearly written
The book is good - though I have not worked through it all. Its main drawback is the kindle format. The book would be very much better in colour on my tablet.
Published 9 months ago by S. KIRKWOOD

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says - not scared of Windows 8 now, 4 Oct 2013
A. Hobson "Nan" (Birmingham) - See all my reviews
I run a small computer group for older people at U3A who want to learn to get on line. One member is bringing his Windows 8 laptop on Monday, so I thought I better find out about Windows 8. I don't read much only information, but have a kindle, so I searched for a suitable information book and found this one. I am so pleased, I read most of it in a couple of hours, at least what I believe I will need, it was great and so easy to understand, even for me. I do have a Google tablet and Windows 8 is all about icons and bigger live icons, but this book takes away the myths, you will love the challenge of Windows 8.Look out daughter I am after loaning your windows 8 laptop for Monday to use with my overhead projector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Ticket, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Migrating to Windows 8: For computer users without a touch screen, coming from XP, Vista or Windows 7 (Paperback)
This has everything you need to migrate from previous windows operating systems in one easy step. Hassle free guide to quick and easy use of Windows 8 for those who need a bit of guidance.

5.0 out of 5 stars makes sense of w8, 9 Sep 2013
spent 45 mins on phone to isp technical could not fix getting mail from previous operating system .A few pages into this book helped me fix the problem .I've not fully read the book but there's loads of key shortcuts and easy to understand stuff. Its made our laptop a usable thing and we've stopped calling Mr Gates names

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Sep 2013
I have had a computer for several years but have just updated to windows 8. This book is super as its written in language that people of my age!! can understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference, would have been even better in colour, 4 Sep 2013
I purchased the Kindle Edition of this book to help me through learning the basics of Windows 8. It is easy to read, the facts are well laid out and in no time at all I had got used to the idea of not having a Start Button and was reveling in the Welcome Screen, Metro Apps and all the other delights of Windows 8. Without the book I think I would be cursing Microsoft for throwing away the traditional design elements of Windows and wondering how to close the App I wished I hadn't opened in the first place. This book made everything clear and I was very pleased to have it by my side.

Now, I know the display on a standard Kindle is grey scale, but of course it is possible to read Kindle books on other media, such as an iPad and other colour tablets. what a shame then that the illustrations in this book were in grey scale. Colour would have been so much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide to Win. 8, 2 Sep 2013
Very worthwhile primer for new users to win. 8 using non touchscreen devices. Start at the begining and work through with the computer etc on. Many useful tips and shortcuts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8, 25 Aug 2013
Just got my new Windows 8 Computer. Without this book
I would have been completely lost. Didn't know whether
or not I would like Windows8 after XP but it is growing on
me. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone
migrating to Windows 8

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 21 Aug 2013
I have had windows 8 on a desktop,no touch screen,for a while now but felt there was a lot left to learn.
I read several reviews of books for Kindle on Amazon and this looked like the best option but not the cheapest.
This book has been very good and I have indeed learnt things I did not know about 8.
The single most useful thing is having it open on iPad next to computer and trying things as you go. If it was on the computer it would mean continually switching between screens.
Well worth the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought too late, 9 Aug 2013
Was having real problems with Windows 8!
I bought this to try to make sense of it .
Discovered Windows 8 Classic with assistance of local PC shop.
Most problems instantly solved.
Good book for beginners to '8, but would recommend going straight to Classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward, basic introduction to W8, 24 May 2013
A straightforward, easy to understand, walk through the basics of Windows 8. Exactly what I needed and saved me 's in call out fees to the local pc doctor or expensive telephone help lines.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›