Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 September 2013
Some good ideas on how to structure part one tasks and on how to expand your ideas in an essay. A great resource to have to hand with detailed examples, explanations and sample tasks.
Sometimes I was concerned that the labelling was not accurate. eg it said proposal essay when it seemed to be opinion (Maybe that was me?) Also, there was nothing on concessional language or writing a balance to an opinion, which may have been useful at this level.
Great on Kindle, good value and good to dip into as and when you have a moment or two.
on 20 August 2014
It confirms that I have been challenging my students at a good level. The writing samples included are in target.
on 8 January 2014
all tips that you need to start writing a good essay, i recommend this book to anyone who is preparing IELTS
on 18 July 2015
Unseful and completely wrong
on 7 September 2014
Not what I was expecting
on 13 October 2012
Well, I have not finished this book but I was unpleasantly surprised that many of the graphs and charts are not clearly presented.Basically I can't read the graphs/charts! It is a big problem because some tasks in this book are directly related to the graphs/charts.
I am not sure it is a technical error but I hope Amazon will send me a better file.
on 2 May 2014
Despite the hype of the title this book is very poor preparation for the IELTS exam. For one thing, it has no practice at all for several different types of Task One writing questions such as maps and processes.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse