5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, fast paced, page-turner!
This is one of the most exciting and enjoyable books I've read in a while... It pick's up where the first book left off and brings the series on leaps and bounds.

As others have said, the descriptions of the space battles are as exciting as any Hollywood movie, and in many cases, possibly more so!

The people who have complained about it "not being...
Published 18 months ago by Mr. M. J. Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars More enjoyable than the pedants would have you believe
Before buying this book I read a few of the reviews (of which there are many) and was still undecided. In the end the purchase price of seventy seven pence swung it for me. There's not a lot you can buy for that price and I was happy to delete the book if I didn't find it engaging. Approaching it with an open mind I was impressed with the world the author had created...
Published 19 months ago by Fostradamus

‹ Previous | 1 2 350 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Space rubbish!, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
With a story that feels and sounds like a mesh of Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek, oh and Stargate (cheap knock off versions of) right through the first three chapters, i gave it up. Quite obviously the author watched a lot of SF tv shows growing up and realised he could murder the entire genre with one book.
Transpiranium dome! Seriously!?! why not just transparent dome....After reading the sentence containing that i had to check i hadn't purchased a teen's book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but..., 29 Sept. 2013
Mr. Russell Scott (Elstead, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
The book was an enjoyable read with the fighting scenes (in space and hand to hand) well done. The characterisation was OK but I cannot say I was really particularly attached to anyone with the main character being a bit of an anti-hero. The ending is unfortunately ridiculous with a very silly twist which is a shame. I would be up for trying the next book as I felt the author shows good promise and the best is yet to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Entertainment, 12 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
Cheap entertainment. By this I don't mean that it's bad or cheaply written I mean it's genuinely great entertainment for practicality nothing.

I was drawn in by the first book being free but had no qualms about paying for the other 3.
It's a really good book and series.

If I had any criticism of this and the series it would be that the author tends to over use some expressions and phrases but this is forgivable.

Nice character description and development, good action scenes that you actually can feel the mass of. Some of the epic space battles are just that, EPIC.

Of the characters, I would have preferred Atton to have been slightly older, Ethan to be slightly sharper and Brondi to have more background and history.

Also, by book 4, Ethan has developed a fabulous dry sense of humour, is witty and hilarious with his comebacks and one liners. I wish there had been more of this from the beginning.

If you like sci-fi, these books on my opinion are unmissable. It's a saga of decent proportion and with more to come. Roll on books 5 & 6.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't even get halfway through it!, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
Not my style of reading material. The style of the language was very juvenile and the 'swear words' were badly disguised

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and Great Characters!, 20 Mar. 2015
Mr. N. J. Platt "Nathan" (Middlesbrough, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
When I downloaded the book onto my kindle for free, I figured it’ll be another sci-fi book, maybe it’ll be easy for me to get into reading again and allow me to venture back into more complicated subtexts and sagas… what I found was the reverse…
I have had my kindle for little over a week and I have started picking it up to read the story of Ethan and the dark void where he stuggled to survive. I loved the idea of this cruiser guarding the enterance and leaving the rest of humanity to survive. It reminded me a lot of other great sci-fi stories, Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galatica. The people felt real, the stuggles, the fact that it wasn’t an alien race causing problems but greed and power!
I honestly didn’t expect the twist at the end, but knew that the Dominic knew Ethan was an imposter!
I’ll love to read the second book and third, in fact I was about to buy them before I say the final page.
Thank you for bring me back into reading!

3.0 out of 5 stars Another "shoot em up"?, 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
I thought this was going to be just another "shoot em up" story without real characters but it developed into not a bad story eventually though a bit predictable in places. Highly unbelievable technology and unlikely storylines make it difficult to enjoy.There are too many coincidences to sit comfortably with me.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
I found this book engaging and easy to read. The plot unfolds well and I found the characters to believeable.

The only reason for 4 stars was I found this book a little short. (A clever ploy to get you to buy the second book).

4.0 out of 5 stars Like many other reviewers here, 25 Feb. 2015
Mr "JonShann0w" (Swindon, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
Like many other reviewers here, I was initially drawn to this book because of it's price. I was looking for a new SciFi book to read as I had been having trouble finding new enjoyable SciFi. I have read a wide range of SciFi from Asimov, James SA Corey, Peter F Hamilton. This is more in the vain of Asimov than Hamilton. The story is very fast paced and full of action. Not every plot twist makes complete sense and the characters are thinly drawn, but then this is book one. The same could be said of the Harry Dresden books, he does not develop the characters much in any single book but does so over the entire series, I don't know if that will happen here, but I certainly enjoyed the first book and can't see why anyone else would not. Ultimately the series may not be for you, but I think it's such a short, fast paced and easy fun read that there is no reason for anyone not to give it a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for the begining of a series!, 8 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
I thought this book was an interesting sci-fi fiction book and would recommend this book to people who like action and sci-fi. The ending of the book left you on a cliff hanger and it definitely makes you want to read the next book in the series. The book is a great starter for the series and if all the books are like this then it is going to be one of my favourites. I don't particularly like the main character, I would prefer if the main character was a young person. However, I do like the fact that he is very intelligent and makes exciting decisions. As for the rest of the characters, I felt that the book only focused on 2 or 3 characters and not give much thought to the other characters so much. I would have liked to get to know more about the other characters, so maybe that will happen in the other books in the series. (Review written by Zane aged 12)

3.0 out of 5 stars Silly stuff but so much fun, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
I wanted to give this a much higher rating because I enjoyed it so much, but the plot has so many coincidental events happening to so few characters, that it can't be called well written.
That said, read it, you will enjoy it, perfect Star Wars-ish, switch your brain off, fun

‹ Previous | 1 2 350 | Next ›

Dark Space
Dark Space by Jasper T. Scott (Paperback - 19 April 2013)