5.0 out of 5 stars Paradoxically Brilliant.
Published 20 months ago by David Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent description of the horrors of Nuclear Armageddon
For me the time travel aspect of this book was almost a sub plot, this was more than made up for by the way the author describes how a major atomic war might play out. To be honest I have read better time travel books, but the uniqueness of this one made it an enjoyable read.
Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Paradoxically Brilliant., 15 Nov 2012
David Rose - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Split (Kindle Edition)
Having written my own Time Travel fantasy involving Nazi Germany and alternative time lines, I felt compelled to download this book and to be honest I am so glad I did. I found this book absorbing from start to finish. The plot, the characters, the storyline, Infact everything about this book made me not want to put it down. My only criticisms would be that I would liked a better explanation of how the alternative time line had evolved i.e. where on earth had Bolonia and Serboria sprung up from? Plus, I also found the final chapter and therefore the ending to be a little abrupt. Nevertheless it did not spoil what I would recommend to be an excellent read.
David Rose.

4.0 out of 5 stars great read!, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Time Split (Kindle Edition)
Wow, this was a great read, really enjoyed it. Little did he know the consequences of tampering with the time line!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping short novel, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: Time Split (Kindle Edition)
Patchy characterisation, variable following of time travel paradox logic, too brief ending - but gripping view of our world turned to hell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read. Very good value, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Time Split (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this story. It's in a simple, comfortable, easy-to-read style which I enjoy. We are not overwhelmed with lots of complicated character strings where some of us would lose the thread but instead, there were maybe half a dozen or so central figures who were easy to visualise.

It doesn't matter to me that the main plot is not very original -- time travel causing a major problem to be resolved -- because the story itself is new, and I found interest all the way through. The pace was good and the story kept moving. In a few places, especially right at the end, I think that pace should have been reduced a little with more description and character feeling maybe because the 'epilogue' felt rushed and too casual for what was momentous for the characters (even so, I felt a surge of emotion, anyway.)

Good value and Kindle version is EXCELLENT value! A very good read.

I noticed a criticism that it needed beta-reading, especially because of over-use of commas. Seriously, you'd have to be really nit-picking to find fault with the syntax and grammar, a university English professor actively looking for fault; I never noticed any technical errors like that and I'm reasonably literate. Okay, maybe there were a VERY few sentences where I lost track of who was acting/speaking and had to re-read, but the story pulled me along so well, it didn't bother me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great time travel book, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Time Split (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the phenomenon of time travel.

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable book, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Time Split (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this time travel book. I hope the author will consider writing a sequal or even a series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Time Split (Kindle Edition)
It's interesting to see how, with a little interference how things would have changed. Interesting book if a little short. Try it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: Time Split (Kindle Edition)
This book is great. Really gripping. It also makes you think, which is what you want from science fiction. I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys time travel.

Personally I would have liked an epilogue but that's up to the author not me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Time Split (Kindle Edition)
I'm not a fan of women's writing, but this was excellent. Once the story switched to the time travel it was very good. Could have been even better with a bit more padding. Innovative plot and good albeit rushed ending

More time travel please!

5.0 out of 5 stars A short and clever story, some thought provoking stuff, 15 Jun 2014
Mogo (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Split (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed the story, some clever settings and scenarios. A very simple premise based on messing about with things that occurred in the past with dire consequences. Some really dark thoughts too on human nature, which perhaps are buried deep in us all?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Time Split
Time Split by Patricia Smith (Paperback - 20 April 2013)
4.46