5.0 out of 5 stars Nice tricks
I actually came across this book after finding the author's website, where it is on sale for £20! I thought I'd do some backgroudn research on the book and found it on Amazon and got it for kindle.

Published on 12 Feb 2012 by SarahBee

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs Proof Reading & Cut the Spam!
Published 16 months ago by FlowersNorthWales

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice tricks, 12 Feb 2012

What peaked my interest in particular is the really neat 'rich snippets' technique he uses to get the websites to show up with ratings stars next to the search results in Google. The video on the website showed a load of sites he had made for people which were showing up in google and they really stood out on the page. My business is always getting reviews from customers on our Google business page and now I can add these to our main site, it's a really nice trick and we're the only business in our category that uses it.

Overall well worth the £8 (or £20 depending on where you buy it!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good guide...!!, 6 Nov 2012
Good guide and up-to-date as well including the Google + Local stuff. I was initially put off that it seems quite short, but like he says there's no point padding it out with fluff for the sake of length.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Well Thought Out, 5 Aug 2013
I found this book to be very well structured and very well laid out.

Certainly the grammar could do with improving, as some reviewers have pointed out, but then I didn't buy it expecting a Dickensian classic but rather as a guide to SEO in this post Penguin and Panda age.

In this respect the book is excellent and I would say it is a must for anyone wanting to gain an understanding of SEO and of getting your site ready to start ranking.

Would recommend it 100%

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my custom company, 24 Jun 2013
I purchased this book to get a good listing on google. I know the basics but just needed re-assurances I was doing the right thing. This book works. I purchased it as a kindle version and have the kindle download on my laptop and my home computer. This was I can easily read sections and immediately action. The best way to use the book is to read, action a few items then continue to read & repeat. Once finished the book, re-read the book and action again. Maybe complete the actions in a different way. The book suggests to use a backlink website to see how your competitors are working. Everytime you read the book, act with a different competitor. Spend 30 minutes a day doing this and your website will rise. I target the custom balloon section of my website, custom.uk.net/9-custom-balloons and currently I google rank No.2 in the UK for the keyword custom balloons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read - easy to understand for non techies, 27 Mar 2013
Very helpful book and so easy to ready, even for the non geeks amongst us ( I have never created a website before).
There is no flannel or fluff, just straight to the point ideas of how to make your website much more appealing to google.

Some of the ideas require time and patience to implement, but if as a small business owner you operate in a crowded market, taking the time to get these things right can and should pay off.

Can't recommend it enough really.

5.0 out of 5 stars I googling love this book!, 25 Jun 2013
At last, a book that does exactly what it says and in plain English! I love this book and wish I'd read it months ago instead of blindly staggering around listening to snippets of advice from others. If you like gobbledygook then don't buy this book but if you want a book that explains what you need to do to get to the top of google in plain, easy to understand speak then buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 29 Mar 2013
What an absolutely amazing book. A true hands on guide for any small business owner who wants to rank well in Google searches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great step by step guide and written in plain language, 14 Mar 2013
Tim does a good job to explain his approach to generating top search results for your website and gives some very good tips. As a newbie, I found this book very useful and informative. Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs Proof Reading & Cut the Spam!, 27 Jun 2013
I had high hopes for this book from all the reviews but unfortunately having almost finished it my mind is only focussing on the negatives. As someone else wrote, the author/publisher needs to hire a proof reader - missed words, missed letters, sentences that do not make sense. Really annoying to read! Also the author discusses the fact that Google hates spam and so do I so the constant references to go to his site for free reviews, site designs etc are not welcome when I have paid full money for a book. One reference is fine, another at the end of the book fine but to be spammed constantly with references/sales pitch to go to his business is annoying. Will the audit really be free with no strings attached? I would like to think so but if you are going to be bombarded with emails or calls afterwards then its not free of hassle so I shall try it and see!

The positives - a lot of great tips and up to date too. Rich snippets, the latest directories to list with and the whole section on Google Places/Local and advice on linking back to this. Would be great to have screen shots to show how to register with these things. Proof read, cut the spam/sales pitch and add some visual screen shots and I would give it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last minute holiday book turned into essential reading!, 29 Aug 2014
Realising that my business website lacks a lot of savvy and SEO techniques, I downloaded this book and am chomping at the bit to get home to implement its strategies. Yes, I am still sitting on a beach as I write - a recommendation in itself, since I should be swimming or sunning or relaxing, and not thinking about business opportunities!
Thank you Mr Kitchen.