5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done Paul
I'll put straight up front that I am a Kiss fan and have been for a long time. I've also read all the other three autobiographies and reviewed the one by Peter Criss here. In order of preference, this is the best. Quite simply it is the most connected and reflective. Paul does not descend into the somewhat sexually embarrassing boys tales that I felt marred Peter's book...
Published 6 months ago by mark eliot

3.0 out of 5 stars A fans book
This book was just as I thought it would be. As a long time KISS fan i though it gave an insight in the formation of the band and it did.
Slightly self obsessed at times but never the less I enjoyed Paul's account of the early years. How it holds up the the other members book's on sale I don't know but I shall find out.
Would I recommend this book if your a fan...
Published 5 months ago by David Corringham

3.0 out of 5 stars A fans book, 23 Jun 2014
Would I recommend this book if your a fan yes not that sure if your not though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting to fans., 20 Jun 2014
D Hamilton-Bullimore (Uk) - See all my reviews
Not full marks because it's a bit repetitive in places. Nevertheless an interesting read if you have followed the band at any point. Lots of focus on the ear and childhood. Also not as fond of Gene as one might have suspected.

5.0 out of 5 stars WELL WORTH THE MONEY, 11 Jun 2014
Always been a fan of Kiss and its great to finally get a book from the other main guy of the group. Received it in great condition and is well worth its money. Great pictures spanning Pauls career and reveals a lot of things I never knew about his childhood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read., 9 Jun 2014
I have been a KISS Fan since 1978 and I thought I knew all all there was to know about Paul Stanley. I knew nothing! This is truly an amazing story and by far the best autobiography I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I could not put it down, If you think you know The Starchild, think again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still my idol, 7 Jun 2014
They say never meet your heroes.But since reading his book,I feel like I have met him.I can honestly say that I have now more respect for PAUL STANLEY the man,than I ever thought possible.The way he over come his disability,and insecurities is inspiring.This is no brag fest,he saves the harshest crittisim for him self,and comes across all the better for it.
Given that he is the last band member to write about KISS'es inter band politics,there are no surprises.However i suspect that as he is the keeper of the bands flame,his version of events are more accurate.If you want a blow by blow account of rock'n'roll excess,then maybe ACE FREHLEY's NO REGRETS is the book to have.That said A LIFE EXPOSED is a true revealing of a once very guarded,and shy man [yes really].I recommend any KISS fan to buy this book and then listen to his last solo album LIVE TO WIN,especially the track BULLETPROOF,as the lyrics now become more personal to Paul's recent life story.Non kiss fans interested in a thought provoking read, about over coming adversity, will also find much to discover.

5.0 out of 5 stars PAUL STANLEY PURE CLASS, 2 Jun 2014
FANTASTIC BOOK FROM A FANTASTIC MUSICIAN. WHAT HE WENT THROUGH WHEN HE WAS YOUNG HE DESERVES ALL THE SUCCESS HE HAS HAD

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul Stanley, 31 May 2014
Fantastic book detailing how a true rock star got to where he is now by overcoming his physical an social afflictions. This is a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A star!!, 30 May 2014
Only just started reading it but love it so far. I'm a big fan but didn't realise he had such a hard life growing up.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little of the Starchild goes a long way, 28 May 2014
As Paul has always been my favourite member of KISS, I was very much looking forward this – especially about his childhood as Paul has always been very private. Growing up as a KISS fan, I had always thought Paul had low self-esteem and was hyper critical of himself; now we all know why. I’m very pleased he chose to share that with us. The early sections of the book were the most interesting. I have to say as the book went on, I found myself losing interest in the self-help preachy tone of the writing. Why am I not convinced that Paul is as happy and stable as he is trying to present himself? Could be because he spends the whole book telling us again and again how much he hated himself, and then all of a sudden all is rosy in the garden. Is Paul trying to convince us or him, he’s now a together individual who has found complete happiness? Saying that, he’s certainly the most together member of KISS out of the original four, but then again, that wouldn’t be too hard now would it?

As a KISS fan of 23 years, it was interesting to read how carefully Paul discussed the death and replacement of Eric Carr with Eric Singer. Paul didn’t seem to quite understand why Eric would hang out with ordinary folk/woman that weren’t Playboy bunnies. This says a lot about Eric and something about Paul. There were always rumours that skulduggery was a foot and reading between the lines, I fear that could be correct. Paul does have regrets over the handling of this. I think Paul was choosing his words – this happens again when discussing the KISS conventions/unplugged/putting the make-up back on. Us long time KISS fans know the real reason for that: Money verses losing ground to Grunge and finding a way to play stadiums again. Plus Paul got taken to the cleaners in his first divorce.

Ace and Peter come in for plenty of stick – mostly Peter. If Peter and Ace were that horrendous as musicians and people, why would anyone choose to have them in their band? Money. Despite Peter getting a right kicking again and again, he keeps being asked to play with the band. It comes across as hypocritical of Paul to go out to dinner/coffee with Peter, yet he does nothing but run the guy down.

The part which really got my back up was Paul stating that thanks to him, KISS fans will have been exposed to musical theatre and the world art thanks to his paintings and his role as the Phantom of the Opera. Does he really think that KISS fans have just wandered down from the mountains and have no appreciation and knowledge of the arts and culture? Yes, there could be an irony in that.. . KISS aren’t exactly high culture. Paul certainly isn’t all that as a painter, but I’m not sure he knows that.

To sum up, Paul is a nice guy albeit probably not in touch with the average person on the street that much. Is he the best guy to lead by example and teach all us lesser mortals how to be great? That’s up to you the reader to decide. I wonder if this book will appeal to American readers more than us Brits. I was a little Paul’d out by the time I finished it.

5.0 out of 5 stars KISS on the Face, 27 May 2014
I have been waiting for Paul Stanley's version of events in the history or Kisstory of the band for quite a while. Having already read Gene, Ace and Peter's books, I did wonder if there would be anything new covered that I didn't already know, well the answer is YES plenty. Paul's book is an eye opener for me, I had always thought of Paul Stanley as the gentle, caring, more reserved member of the band. That was proved true in the beginning of the book, but soon one harrowing story follows another of Paul's young life, living with a disfigurement that became the fuel for bullies. This caused a young Stanley to quickly become a more hardened individual, he states that he wouldn't let anyone close to him for a very long time.
I would highly recommend this book to any fan of KISS, but most fans will probably already own a copy by now.
One warning I will give here, There's are revelations about the band that may upset some fans, Paul is very open with his feelings towards former band members, animosity runs high for all original members, yes even business partner of 40 years Gene Simmons isn't spared a dressing down.
Now all that remains to be seen, is who's book is going to sell the most copies? But hey, we all have our favourite member of KISS, even those that won't admit to liking the band...

Face the Music: A Life Exposed
Face the Music: A Life Exposed by Paul Stanley (Audio CD - 8 April 2014)