on 15 July 2013
I have just got back from my first weekend bike trip with all my camping kit, and although it was just a gentle 104k jaunt around the hills of central Brittany admittedly in plus 35 degree heat, I woke up this morning after a good nights sleep completely worn out. So I take my hat off to this author who battles with Asthma and neck arthritis for undertaking such a trip;

However being not the worlds best reader i was beginning to battle with this book halfway through because every day started sounding a bit the same, starting off with what was eaten for breakfast,her mid morning pain au chocolate,a mid day picnic, finding a campsite and making a veggie stir fry with a well deserved glass of white wine and going to bed . with in between all this riding to the top of a few mountains;Apart from a few mishaps nothing else much seemed to happen.

At the moment i am waiting for early retirement because of Arthritis in my knees and sciatica and so am in limbo and all i can do is a few evening bike trips building my strength up for next year when I hope to cycle from my home in Brittany down to Spain. So I am doing a lot of reading about cycle touring in search of inspiration; So because this book inspired me to go and try a bit harder around the hills in my neighborhood then it deserves a 5 star rateing; I have a feeling this is the first book Andi Lonnen has written, and I hope it isnt the last,because she sounds like a woman with a lot of balls (!?!) but please Andi, it would be nice in the future to see a few maps and maybe a few more thoughts when your ascending those peaks and what drives you on when nothing is left in your legs!!!;
on 23 September 2015
Loved the book. Andi's writing style is both factual and entertaining at the same time. Could have done with some pictures, although there is the link to her blog which has plenty. Full of admiration for Andi for accomplishing this feat.