1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars I THINK I'LL JUST GO AND CLIMB A MOUNTAIN!!, 15 July 2013
This review is from: My Summer Sabbatical: Cycling Across Switzerland & France (Paperback)
I have just got back from my first weekend bike trip with all my camping kit, and although it was just a gentle 104k jaunt around the hills of central Brittany admittedly in plus 35 degree heat, I woke up this morning after a good nights sleep completely worn out. So I take my hat off to this author who battles with Asthma and neck arthritis for undertaking such a trip;

However being not the worlds best reader i was beginning to battle with this book halfway through because every day started sounding a bit the same, starting off with what was eaten for breakfast,her mid morning pain au chocolate,a mid day picnic, finding a campsite and making a veggie stir fry with a well deserved glass of white wine and going to bed . with in between all this riding to the top of a few mountains;Apart from a few mishaps nothing else much seemed to happen.

At the moment i am waiting for early retirement because of Arthritis in my knees and sciatica and so am in limbo and all i can do is a few evening bike trips building my strength up for next year when I hope to cycle from my home in Brittany down to Spain. So I am doing a lot of reading about cycle touring in search of inspiration; So because this book inspired me to go and try a bit harder around the hills in my neighborhood then it deserves a 5 star rateing; I have a feeling this is the first book Andi Lonnen has written, and I hope it isnt the last,because she sounds like a woman with a lot of balls (!?!) but please Andi, it would be nice in the future to see a few maps and maybe a few more thoughts when your ascending those peaks and what drives you on when nothing is left in your legs!!!;

My Summer Sabbatical: Cycling Across Switzerland & France
My Summer Sabbatical: Cycling Across Switzerland & France by Ms Andi Lonnen (Paperback - 18 Mar. 2013)