Surrender Your Love
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£6.66+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Originally published at The Rookie Romance Blog.

Loved it. A lot of the time I avoid this sort of story, where the couple starts off as a purely sexual relationship, but I was drawn to the blurb and I am so happy I did read this!

Brooke is meant to have a meeting with big time property mogul, Mayfield. But Jett Townsend turns up as his replacement, and a pissed off Brooke leaves him there.
When she's hired by the mysterious Mayfield and sent to Italy for her first job, she's completely shocked to find Jett is actually Jett Mayfield- her new boss. And a guy she left naked in bed a few days before. Oh dear.
The sexual chemistry between Jett and Brooke is blazing, and Jett proposes they indulge in their attraction in order to be able to work together properly. It's not long before both of them want more from their relationship.
Unfortunately Jett's been keeping secrets from Brooke about the job they've been working on. And these secrets include her, personally.

Jett is just so incredibly drool-worthy, who doesn't love green eyes and a sculpted body?! He's the epitome of the self-assured bad boy, and it appears I am a massive sucker for that! You can tell that he's had a rough past, although we are yet to discover exactly what that means, and he does genuinely fall in love with Brooke. I can't wait to really dig under the surface of Jett in the next book.

Brooke is great, she's strong but she's guarded and has a troubled past. She also isn't really into relationships, so when Jett proposes no-strings attached smoking hot sex, she goes with it, thinking she can protect her heart. But she falls hard for Jett. I liked that when she found out what it was that Jett had been hiding, she didn't weep and crumble- no, she got spitting mad.

I loved their time in Italy, it was hot and passionate, and I was so excited when they decided to give their relationship a real try.
I didn't see the twist coming at all, I knew something was up, but I was pretty shocked! I can not wait to read book 2, Conquer Your Love! I'm dying to know what exactly is going on, and what is so dangerous!
J.C. Reed manages to mix red hot sex with mystery and emotion, for an awesome combo.

*I received a review copy from the author, in exchange for my honest review. Thank you!
on 29 June 2013
Wow oh wow. This was just so intense I mean you know the rich guy falling for normal is too good to be true but this was so intense the lengths that jett would go through for land makes it so much more interesting you know there is a back story that connects the owner and Brooke's family history with jett's but what? Can't wait to read book two getting shivers thinking about it.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Honestly I wasn't sure if I would enjoy this, there are so many books out there along the lines of the fifty shades theme, and it has some similarities but I really did enjoy it, and I read it in just over 2 days which speaks volumes in itself. both main characters are solid and believable and I like their chemistry. i have a habit of skipping through sex scenes etc because as a reader i am more interested in the relationships that form than the physical sex and luckily this book has enough of those moments too. the end had me screaming in frustration though and I cant wait to see what happens in the next instalment. give it a go, I say its worth a read for sure.
on 27 June 2013
What a fantastic book! Can't wait to see what happens in the second one.
It's very similar to 50 shades but preceded this as its a normal sex life.
Well done :)
on 14 March 2013
I decided to give this book a try because I fell for the awesome cover! The story gripped me from the start, and I loved it!

When Brook is seduced by her sexy boss, things get heated. What I really loved is that there is a really cool plot that kept me glued to the pages. I fell in love with Brook's character. And Jett! He took my breath away! The two steamed up my kindle screen. : )

There was an unexpected twist that totally surprised me. I can't wait to read more of Brook's story. So if the author happens to read this review, please know I'm desperately waiting.

The book was amazing! I'd definitely recommned this to all my friends! 5 stars, baby!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
First thing I thought was hey up! were on the fifty shades band wagon and we were but with our legs dangling over the tail end.
Warning this is slow at getting going especially if your not into real estate but persevere cos it does get going, takes a good 50% but curiosity will get the better of you.
Brooke is a young realtor who as a one night stand with Jett (who's a millionaire play boy). She doesn't remember bringing home and hastily gets rid of him. Her day gets worse when her boss sacks her cos a bigger realtor company wants her and are prepared to stop sending business their way which could ruin them.
Brooke thinking of mainly money takes the new job and it seems as already met the boss.
Jett makes his intentions clear not only is she good at her job but he wants exclusive sexual rights to her body with no strings attached. Being the hot blooded female of the species and Jett excellent eye candy you can safely say that's a 'yes'.
The formal relationship soon turns into more with Jett intent on buying a property and Brooke wondering why.
Like all good stories there are skeletons in the closet and both these two start to slowly dig inside.
With some steamy bits included this story starts to build in to what lengths one man will go to to get what he wants.
Didn't expect the outcome which means I've to read the next instalment.
Conquer Your Love
If this is your thing then I would recommend
Knight's Mistress (Knight Trilogy 1)
on 26 June 2013
In Surrender Your Love we have 23 year old commitment phobe Brooke who is trying to make a name for herself in the property business in New York and 31 year old successful business mogul and playboy Jett Mayfield. When Jett becomes Brooke's new boss things heat up between them so much so that Jett proposes a clause to her contract that allows them no strings sex for two months. Brooke accepts and neither one of them, least of all Brooke expects her world to be turned upside down.

Do you sometimes read a book and you just don't click with it? There is nothing wrong with the book, in fact it has everything going for it that you normally love in a book. But for some reason you and this particular book just don't have the chemistry, it is missing the X factor. Well that was the case for me and Surrender Your Love.

I didn't find anything particularly wrong with either Brooke or Jett, they were both good characters but they didn't excite me. The plot was also a bit questionable. I couldn't understand why Brooke was doing the things she was doing or how and why Jett hired her to work for him. The sex between them was a little boring and not very steamy and the story plodded along and along. Then very near the end of the book BAM! there is the biggest surprise awaiting you. I never saw it coming and boy is it a big one.

Now all the way through the book I decided that it was going to be a 3 star rating for me and that I probably wouldn't bother with book 2, but after the big reveal I have changed my mind and upped my rating by 1 star and purchased book 2. I do recommend this book especially for the ending and I am going to give Surrender Your Love 4 stars.
on 4 April 2013
Although generally a really enjoyable book with an interesting plot, I couldn't help but think that something was missing in this book. :-(

After unexpectedly being headhunted and receiving a new job, Brooke is even more shocked when she is flown out to Italy to work with her new boss, who also happens to be the guy she found in her bed a few mornings before ~ Jett Mayfield. The attraction between the two is evident, and they are soon in a legal sexual agreement, with the intention of getting the attraction out of their system in order for them to carry on working together. However, as the business trip progresses and Brooke finds herself liking Jett more and more, she also finds herself questioning her feelings for him and opening up to him in a way she never has to anyone else before.

I'm a little undecided as to how I feel about Brooke as a character. A little damaged and untrusting towards men, due to things that have happened in her past, she doesn't fully trust Jett to begin with and tries her best to keep him at arms length and remind herself exactly what it is she is doing with him. She really doesn't want to like him, afraid that she will like him too much and end up hurt when the relationship ends, however she can't help the sexual pull she feels to him

I hate to say this, but for me I wasn't blown away by Brooke as a character, at all. Although she was nice, she didn't hold any defining features to make me remember her and nice is the only thing I really feel I can say about her. :-/
Although I generally liked Jett as a character, I didn't feel the pull to him that I felt I should have. Although he is extremely charismatic and handsome, he is also very emotionally closed off, encouraging Brooke to open up to him about her past while not really doing the same himself.

Despite this, it seems clear from pretty early on that he likes Brooke more than initially thought as he is subtly really sweet ~ always ensuring that she is happy and touching her in affectionate ways that may not be the case in only a business relationship.

The twist at the end of the book was a big shocker. As all of Jett's motives finally come to light. Despite this I can't help but think that he really does care about Brooke, even if his intentions in the beginning were clearly bad. However, unless he has some amazing reason for why he did the things he did, I really don't know how the two can end up together.

One thing that I will say about this book is that it is hot! The sex scenes between Jett and Brooke are extremely descriptive and intimate, and for me, they seriously make the story as you feel the pull they have for each other.

Overall I liked this book, but for me it was missing a little bit of substance. The general story is set around a two week trip to Italy where Brooke falls in love with Jett, but I felt the majority of their time together was missed out. I didn't feel that the relationship was slow building enough to make me root for them as a couple and felt that if the character development was a little bit more, I may have liked the book more. Saying that, I loved the ending and will most definitely be reading the next book in the series!

3.5 - 3.75 stars!
on 14 September 2014
Let me just start by saying that I am completely smitten with Jett Mayfield!!

Now thats clear I will carry on hehe. What first got me was the cover and I won't lie, I'm not normally a cover girl at all but I fell in love with this one. I was drawn into the book almost immediately, girl sitting in a bar waiting to meet a mysterious man, whats not to love?? The chemistry between Brooke and Jett is instant and you feel it as soon as she sees him. Between confidence, cockiness and his bedroom voice I knew I had reached the point of no return and I was a goner!!

The story itself is fast paced, Jett uses his mothers maiden name to hide from Brooke who he really is. She walks out on him in the bar but later finds out, when she gets the job and is sent to Italy for her first job, that Jett is infact her new boss. Cue sex contracts, hot liaisons and amazing green eyes.

I absolutely loved everything about this book. The pace, the plot, the emotions, it had everything and more. Brooke is a strong, guarded, down to earth woman who has no interest in relationships and comes with a past that haunts her constantly. Jett who also comes with a dark past. He is confident, gets what he wants and oozes sex. What could possibly go wrong.....

This book is a brilliant start to the trilogy, with all its amazing twists, its heart stopping action and smoldering chemistry its definitely worth a read!!
on 29 June 2013
Had a love hate/ relationship with this book...hated the first 60% yet lived the twist and the end and went in to read the second book which is much much better. I found this story extremely slow and only persevered because I kept hearing good reviews about it, I'm glad I did because I loved the ending yet I never really bonded with the characters like I have in other books which did ruin things for me slightly.