5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book
Shearer's poeticism does Patanjali's aphorisms justice. This book is beautifully written, with uplifting translations. Though I myself am an author of a Patanjali book, I carry this one around with me, too!
Published on 4 Jan. 2009 by Dr. Jacqueline Koay

3.0 out of 5 stars Text is wonderful - but poor printing and hundreds of typos
The Sutras are fantastic, but this edition requires a serious proof-read! There are hundreds of typos and misprints, the cover image is of poor quality and pixilated, there's no consideration of text layout...
Published 8 months ago by Jess

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 4 Jan. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars A supeb introcduction to Pananjai's Yoga Sutras, 14 Aug. 2013
This is a beatifully written and accessible commentary to Patanjali's great work. I find other commentaries to the Yoga Sutras are unduly complex but his book by contrast is lucid and helpful. It does not set out to be a 'Teach Yourself' guide but is an inspiring book for a seeker new to yoga or an exprienced traveller on the Way. As a priest and meditation teacher this is in my lifetimes top ten books.

The1982 edition was acompanied by lavish phoographs of sacred sites by Richard Lannoy which are not inluded in this new edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars authentic true self philosophy, 18 May 2014
a fantastic philosophy to live by. at last I have found my authentic true self. the "limbs of yoga" filled my spiritual needs without the burden of religious rituals. I have my faith, karma will reward or reprimand. I've handed my trust to karma to punish me or reward me, as it will thos. who have wronged me. ahimsa - do no harm a good grounding
om shanti

3.0 out of 5 stars Text is wonderful - but poor printing and hundreds of typos, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Paperback)
Clear interpretations

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Patanjali (Paperback - 22 Feb. 2013)