5.0 out of 5 stars easy 5 stars
OMG, Jack McLachlan - I don't know what to say - he has blown me away. I've read so many books lately with the rich (usually billionaire) hot guy and young (usually non perfect) girl, but this book was just different from it all.

Laurelyn is traveling with her best friend Addison to Australia to visit Addison's brother for 3 months. It's just what she needs, a...
Published 22 months ago by Willow

3.0 out of 5 stars Beauty from pain
I find this review rather hard to write as I have enjoyed the story to a certain extent. I downloaded the book after reading the reviews and also book two at the same time, but the more I read the more I couldn't stop seeing all the obvious similarities to Fifty shades of grey trilogy. The more I read the more disappointed I felt about it, it is not just the odd one but...
Published 22 months ago by nez

‹ Previous | 114 15 16 17 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 1 Mar. 2013
Can not wait for the next book, this was so so good, very sexy and romantic, would recommend and have recommended to all my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice little read looking forward to next instalment!, 21 Feb. 2013
Good little book. Liked the Characters, boy meets girl, the agree a proposal that suits both of them, but things change.....

liked it, realised about half way through that there would be a second and maybe third book, as there was SO MUCH that needed to be sorted out there had to be!

Hope the next one pulls together some threads, Audrey, Blake, and the mysterious country music star dad, oh and Addison and Zac too would like to see how they fair. Dont worry, there are no spoilers here.

Good read but maybe wait until the second one is out in the summer and get them both!!!

The last part of the book is a an intro into Rule by Jay Crownover. Highly recommended book, i read this about 2 months ago and if you like a bad boy........

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 20 Feb. 2013
Great storylines, I loved this book I cannot wait for book two. It was great how she did not know how wealthy he was as she was from another country

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book worth a read, 17 Feb. 2013
This book is definitely worth a read I couldn't put it down and read it in a day. Interesting characters and the book flowed well plus enough loose ends to make a couple more books n keep us guessing. I will definitely be buying book 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE., 16 Feb. 2013
K. A. Lander (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I am so blown away by this book that I'm not even sure how to put it in to words.

Beauty from Pain is so unlike anything else I have ever read. Yes we may have the broken heroine who is struggling to deal with a painful break up, and we may have the sexy billionaire, but apart from that everything else is so new.

Laurelyn Prescott is embarking on a three month trip around the world to Australia with her best friend, Addison. They will be staying with Addison's brother and forgetting about life back home. Just what Laurelyn needs - a break, the sun, a bit of fun with her best friend and NO men. With some wise words from Addison, their journey begins.

"Listen to me, Laurelyn. The best way to get over somebody is to get under someone else."

Jack McLachlan. Jack freaking McLahlan. I absolutely loved him. He was the rich and sexy billionaire owner of many wineries across Australia and New Zealand but he doesn't like the world, or his 'companions' to know this. He is a mystery to woman and that is exactly the way he intends to keep it when he meets Laurelyn one night in a bar.

They agree on 3 months together. Nothing more, nothing less. This is perfect for both Jack and Laurelyn, Jack because he doesn't have time in his life for more and Laurelyn because she will be returning home to the US after this 3 months and will never have to see him again. It's all very simple, 3 months, no sharing personal details of each others lives - including names, and by the end of it they will both walk away never seeing each other again. Easy, right? I'll let you find out..

"Baby, you've screwed my mind without touching my body."

This was one of the sexiest books I have ever read, but there was so much more to it than just the hot and steamy scenes. I felt real, heavy emotions whilst reading this. All the way through I was almost pleading and begging Jack to just give in and say to hell with his three months and I was never sure whether I was going to get my way or not. It does leave off in a cliffhanger but thankfully we are given the first chapter of the next book, due out May 20th, so you can definitely see the direction the book will be taking. I can not wait to get back to some more of Laurelyn and Jack.

"Loving him will forever be my Beauty from Pain.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am devastated..., 16 Feb. 2013
Absolutely loved this - a real roller coaster. But... And it's a big but - I hate the way it ended on a cliffhanger and then discover it is first in a series with book two not due out till May! I hate this - and so many authors are doing the same - it's very frustrating and becoming nearly impossible to fins a good standalone book. I'm really not happy about this trend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 15 Feb. 2013
Loved this book am gutted I've got to wait until May before the 2nd book is released!!!!

Hope Jack finds Laurelyn!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fifty shades in Australia...., 13 Feb. 2013
If your a fifty shades fan, this is the book for you! It keeps you gripped and you don't know what's round the corner, can't wait for the next book to come out!! Would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 12 Feb. 2013
Love this book can't wait for the second part, actually made me cry when she left him that note ..... A MUST READ

4.0 out of 5 stars A LOVELY ARRANGEMENT, 12 Feb. 2013
Reader (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
laurelyn Prescott is travelling to Australia with her best friend Addison. Laurelyn is glad to be away for the next three months after her disastrous love affair. Addison's brother Ben is in Australia on a wine science program, so she and Addison are going to stay with him.

Laurelyn can tell instantly that Ben is attracted to her, but no way is she going there. Addison has paired up with Ben's friend Zac. Leaving Laurelyn trying to avoid Ben's obvious interest. The first night they are out in a club, where Laurelyn gets up to sing, as she is a musician by profession, and its an open mic. But someone else has become focused on her. Jack McLachlan a wine making millionaire. Jack has come to Wagga Wagga for the next three months, and has come to the club to look for a woman, who might be willing to spend that time with him.

Jack doesn't do relationships, he has short term partners, whom he has a special arrangement with. He doesn't ask for their real name nor does he give his. It's all about sex. He does like to spoil the lady of the moment. But when their time is up they go their separate ways. Usually these relationships last a matter of weeks. But this will be the longest time he has asked a woman to be with him for three months. Laurelyn has already garnered his interest, he is determined that for the next three months she will be his.

This is part one, of Jack and Laurelyn's story. The next is due this summer. A bit too long of a wait IMO. I liked this book it was well written. I thought the secret identities was a weak plot device, especially as Jack was a fairly famous personality, and darling of the newspapers. So trying to keep his real name and financial status a secret from the woman of the moment seemed a bit silly.

Having said that Jack was a dream character, he's hot and sexy, but really attentive. Laurelyn was a very likeable character as well, I could see how she was agreeable to Jack's proposition after her previous bad experience, a no strings attached affair sounded great to her. Plus Jack being totally gorgeous sweetened the deal. I liked the chemistry between them, and the sex was passionate. This does end on a sort of cliffhanger. But I will be reading part two.

‹ Previous | 114 15 16 17 | Next ›

Beauty From Pain: 1 (Beauty Series)
Beauty From Pain: 1 (Beauty Series) by Georgia Cates (Paperback - 26 Feb. 2013)