5.0 out of 5 stars Great little read
I loved this story mainly cos it reminded me of my childhood I spent many years in Cornwall. Great love story with lots of humour what a great grammy
Published 17 months ago by Tory0306

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed reviews my first book from Miss Hart tiny spoilers
Published 9 months ago by Chymonne

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed reviews my first book from Miss Hart tiny spoilers, 25 Nov 2013
Good in the fact it was set in the UK so I could relate to the story which made a change, but sometimes I found the character's unrealistic like the mum. Dad and brother were to accepting of this boy, I'm quite interested in two of the main characters story, but some of the book for my was unrealistic, would you go on holiday and come back and decide you don't like your friends anymore or your so in love after a few weeks this is forever love, so my much so you aren't even really sad at a bereavement?

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok read, 24 May 2013
I found this to be what I call an ok read, and I could put this down and go back to it when and where i wanted. Not a book I was in a hurry to finish like some of them I read, but I suppose you would call this a holiday read

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little read, 10 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a hit for me, 9 Aug 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It had a lot of ups and downs but so very romantic. I liked everything about this book and look forward to reading the next book. Do you like a good romance? If you do, it's worth giving this book a go. Brilliant story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer lovin'......, 15 April 2013
Oh Alec, why werent you around when I used to go on family holidays to Devon?

Alexis (Lexy as she's known to her family) is 17 (soon to be 18) and about to have the summer that will change her life. She's spending the summer holidays at her Grammys house in a small seaside village in Devon with her mum, dad and elder brother Sam aka Bing (the man-whore). She lives in London and for the past 5 years they have holidayed abroad and she is not looking forward to this holiday. As soon as she arrives things start to look up though, literally, when she looks out of her bedroom window and she spies a hottie working in her grans garden. He looks up and their eyes meet, and she quickly looks away.
Alec is 19, helping Lexys grammy around the house and is intrigued by her from the moment he sets his eyes on her.
Lexy quickly reaquaints with her old friend Jen, who just so happens to be dating Alecs best friend so they are thrown together in to a reluctant (on Lexy's part) foursome.

Lexy is wary of letting herself fall for anyone, as she sees how her brother treats girls (love em and leave em) and shes also heard about Alex's ladies man reputation too. However Alex has decided that he's not going to give up trying and is determined to get Lexy to see that he does have genuine feelings for her.
Lexy has to decide whether to keep her walls up and stay safe or let Alec break them down, and risk her heart being broken in the process.....

The story is told in both POV's so you get a good idea of what they're thinking, which was lovely.

Emma Harts descriptions of Devon brought back memories of when I holidayed there when I was young, I could picture the villages and seaside towns, I could imagine their accents as the characters talked, and I got hungry when fish, chips and curry sauce was mentioned (my favourite!)
I loved how this story progressed, all the characters were loveable - especially Grammy, she was really funny and young at heart, determined to make sure Lexy got with Alec.
I sobbed like a baby at the end of this book, (dont want to give away any spoilers, but I have been in that position and it was poignant for me)and I cant wait for book 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it !!!, 11 April 2013
Great book , great reading and good love story . Loved this book and conflict between all of the family with happy ending in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Summer Lovin...., 25 Feb 2013
I loved this book and gave it a brilliant 4.5 stars.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*

This was Emma Hart's first venture into the New Adult category and I must say what a great début she made.

Never forget is a sweet, coming-of-age tale. City girl Lexy's summer plans are ruined when she is told she will not be spending the summer with her friends but in actual fact she will be returning to her former coastal home town of Lilac bay. In Lexy's eyes, summer fun just went out the window.

So Lexy resigns herself to a summer stuck with her parents, annoying older brother and her delightfully eccentric Grammy. (who, for me, stole the show)

Lexy's feet have barely reached Lilac Bay when she meets Grammy's odd job man Alec, although Alec isn't one of Grammy's silver haired bingo buddies, no Alec would just happen to be tall, dark, lean and incredibly handsome. But Lexy isn't phased and is accustomed to Alec's kind therefore she makes it very clear up front that nothing will ever happen between the two of them. Lexy has her heart to protect.

This was a great tale of family relationships, reconnecting friendships and having a summer full of fun and memories. I loved the supporting characters in this book. From Lexy's crazy friend Jen, who she could always rely on for some straight talking advice. Her funny yet annoying brother Bing, her sweet parents and then Grammy, little firecracker Grammy. I feel everyone should have a Grammy in their life, she seriously cracked me up!
'Mum kisses her cheeck. "Woman of your age shouldn't be drinking Vino the way you do."
"Oh pish, Em, it's only a few glasses a week." Gram waves her hand dismissivley.'

Lexy was finally having the summer of fun she wished for, only now it was with old friends, close family and a hot boy to boot!

I loved the change in Alec, he started off as the typical playboy assuming he could get what he wanted and Lexy being the sassy chick that she was told him otherwise. I loved that the book had the dual point of views because I felt we got to know Alec and he had so many *swoon* moments.
"I don't know when she made the transition from sexy to beautiful in my mind, or when she became a need instead of a want. I missed when she switched from a one night girl to a forever girl. My forever girl."

And Lexy had no choice but to give in as she could no longer deny their connection.
"He's stealing my Heart, a little piece at a time. And I'm not sure want him to stop anymore."
But as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. I knew the train wreck was about to happen yet there was nothing I could do to stop it. Lexy's world comes crashing down and the people who she loved the most were the ones who hurt her in the end. This part of the story was well done. I could feel Lexy's emotions and my heart went out to her. All I'll say is at 95% the tears were flowing freely, it couldn't be helped.

There were definitely a few rather smexy scenes in the book. The author did a great job of balancing the sweet, heart felt connection between Lexy and Alec and then the moments of pure, raw passion. Did I mention Alec was hot?? ;)

This was a fun read, I loved the author's writing style. It was easy to get lost in the story and I fell in love with each and every character. For me, I especially liked that it was set in Britain and I could relate to all the little quirks. (And yes when she mentions grabbing her pig, she means her piggy bank, people! ;)) This is the second British New Adult novel I have read and I can only hope they are on the increase.

I have discovered a great new author and can't wait to read her future offerings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 July 2014
Absolutely brilliant. Not my usual read but I couldn't put it down and was delighted when I saw there was a second book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic, 12 July 2014
I really enjoyed this book I found it wonderful to how two people meet and fall in love. There was some sad bites but it borough the family together and how they survived. I think it was so nice that they made up and he moved to be with her and wish it would happen in real life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 8 July 2014
D. A. Edwards (uk) - See all my reviews
Enjotyable ..Good Value

Never Forget: 1 (Memories)
Never Forget: 1 (Memories) by Emma Hart (Paperback - 12 Feb 2013)
8.33