5.0 out of 5 stars Sword and Socery at it's best
Orphaned by black magic and torture a young girl learns how to fight and become one of the 'Ghosts'. assasins and spys for the Emporer. Follow Carina towards her ultimate revenge. Can't wait for another offering from Moeller especially following Carina and the 'Ghosts'. If you like Raymond E Fiest you will love Johnathan Moeller. Highly recommended.
Published on 3 July 2011 by harvestmoon

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm
I've read the other reviews here and decided I must have downloaded a different novel entirely.

The premise of the story is great - young girl left orphaned; tortured by evil Necromancer and then rescued by the shadowy Ghosts (The emperors secret army). She then joins this army to become one of their elite soldiers/assassins.

All fine so far, and I...
Published on 26 Oct 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading., 17 Jan 2013
I adored the main female character in this book. So much so that I have wish listed all the other books without actually reading the descriptions in the hopes that she's in them all too.

Excellent story, extremely well written and characters that you'll love and/or hate. For a free book, you seriously are getting a really good deal.

Download and enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD INTRO TO THE SERIES, 16 Jan 2013
ENJOYED THIS, MY FIRST VENTURE into such books. Well written. Good characters. Will read more OF THIS AUTHOR ON THE kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read., 16 Jan 2013
i thought it was a great story line, i cant wait to get the next book. it would also make a good film,

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book kept me enthralled. Told by a great story teller, I could visualise everything, 11 Jan 2013
I LOVED reading this book. A great story , I didn't want to put it down and i was sorry to reach to reach the end

5.0 out of 5 stars Child of the Ghosts, 8 Jan 2013
Lots of typos, simple story line and a likely heroine but none the less a damn good read! Looking forward to the next book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 5 Jan 2013
good quality product with fast delivery will purchase from this seller in the future and would recommend to other people too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Jan 2013
This book is brilliant. yes there are a few typos, but not enough to distract you from the story. i got so engrossed in this book that i read into the early hours and picked it up again as soon as i woke up. im hoping that the rest of the books in this series are as good as this one.
Definately recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 29 Dec 2012
Mark Stevenson "Random Reviewer" (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
I am not prone to writing reviews, however, I felt it was necessary to say how good I feel this book is, the plot kept me gripped, a strong but flawed central character, enough depth to keep you interested but flies along at break neck speed. A few grammatical errors aside(I know I am no better!) this was a great read. I feel cheap for having read it for free. Four stars if I had paid for it (just for the grammatical errors) five stars as a freebie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Dec 2012
Although I am not a reader I downloaded this to go on holiday with and I couldn't put it down it was brilliant would recommend this book

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong female lead, fusion of magic and steel, 12 Dec 2012
This book follows a strong female lead, Caina. The story is well developed, with the motives of the characters being clear and action scenes vivid. At some points I feel the story is a bit too fast paced, with the story cutting through years of Caina's life (though since the book covers Caina's life from child to adult, I suppose it was inevitable).
I thoroughly enjoyed the story, there are light-hearted moments but most of the story is relatively serious. We see Caina develop and it was extremely interesting to see how the author mixed the world of sorcery with traditional weapons (though some not so traditional as well!)

The biggest drawback is the amount of typos in the book (the reason for 4/5 instead of 5/5). The typos are not spelling errors but just a letter missing here and there (they are still words so spell check won't pick them up). It is annoying at first but the story is gripping enough that you won't care too much. It is a shame though, it gives the sense that the book had not been properly proof-read. That said, I would still recommend this book, especially if you like strong female assassins!

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›

Child of the Ghosts: 1
Child of the Ghosts: 1 by Jonathan Moeller (Paperback - 27 Feb 2013)