Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 March 2013
Having been a fan of the original diary since I first read it about 30 years ago I have always had a soft spot for Charles Pooter and his diary. The update is just as wonderful with it's pithy observations and long suffering hero who now has to put up the rigours of 21st Century life. I first read this version on the kindle and have read it several times since and am pleased that it is now in print. I recommend this as a good read that's just simple fun. It's gentle humour is just as wry and clever as the original and I'd like to think that, like his great great grandfather's diary that this too will be being read in 100 years time.
on 2 March 2014
There is no need for this. Can't blame the writer for his opportunism, but the publisher wants his arse kicking.
on 6 April 2013
I read the review from THe Leigh's, see below, and thought well surely it can't be that bad? It can. It is. So disappointing. It purports to be a sequel but it's not. This is the original with references to the modern world. The exact same jokes but replacing old fashioned jokes with new words. So instead of calling cards, reference to twitter, instead of delivery from the local butcher, waitrose delivers. Exact same jokes exact same story. This is not a sequel, this is ripping off someone else's work which is out of copyright and replacing a few words. Don't waste your money, instead download the free version of A Diary Of A Nobody and enjoy the original and best.
on 20 January 2012
If you have read and enjoyed the original Diary of a Nobody (and who hasn't?), then you will enjoy this book. The diary is successfully brought up to date, whilst retaining the gentle wit and humour of the original. All of the wonderful characters are there, and make for a joyful read. Enjoy it. I did.
on 11 June 2013
Ignore the bad reviews! This book made me giggle from beginning to end. I found I couldn't put my Kindle down and finished it in less than 24hrs. Pompous (forgive me Mr Pooter) but very likeable. Very well written. This is the first review I have ever written so that says it all.
on 22 August 2013
Anyone who has read The Diary of a Nobody will love the new book. It is just as amusing and witty in the same genteel style. Modern references increase the humour. If anyone hasn't read the original, buy it too! I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
on 16 May 2012
Our 21st century diarist, Mr. Charles Pooter, is the great, great-grandson of the Victorian gentleman. Times have changed and technology has catapulted us into a brave new world, but some things have stayed remarkably the same. The headaches associated with home-ownership, parenting, jobs and friendships are all very amusingly dealt with by the self-conscious and rather inflated Pooter. Well written and witty, this was a very enjoyable read. As a Californian, I was particularly amused by the internet psychic who is probably one of my neighbours.
on 22 April 2013
this is a really good read the main character is just as pompous and opinionated as the charles pooter of the orininal book. I would recommend this book highly
on 28 December 2013
having read the original I was dubious about reading this but I have to say it was well worth it. The dilemmas that young Pooter faces are very real!!
on 22 March 2015
Not as interesting as the original. But worth the read. Probably be more interesting if I had not read the original first.