5.0 out of 5 stars Really good adventure story about jousting knights and I'm a girl!, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Barnabus Mudpatch (Paperback)
I don't really read books about knights that much because I'm a girl but I loved Barnabus Mudpatch! It's such a good story and I really felt anxious for the characters when they got themsleves into all sorts of trouble. Especially when he went into the jousting competition - yikes!

Really liked the dark character Drazogon - he was wicked and ghostly. And the little pictures were cool. I copied some of them to make my own girl knights.

I'm ten and a friend gave me this book, so now I've lent it out to my friends but I don't think I'll ever get it back!

If you have children about my age, I think they'd really like this. It's a really cool adventure story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic adventure story!, 19 Aug 2013
This enthralling book dives straight into the action on the very first page and then cleverly weaves character description and background information into the high speed plot, which keeps the book moving at a good pace. The characters are interesting and you can't help wanting to know what will happen next. Barnabus Mudpatch makes a likeable hero who is brave, intelligent and resourceful. I would recommend it to children from the ages of 8 - 12, but as a teacher, I also enjoyed reading it and would choose it to read to my class, as it is engaging for both boys and girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE Barnabus Mudpatch!, 3 Jun 2013
Jacqueline Grace (Fort Myers, Florida, US) - See all my reviews
I love reading children's literature because of it's innocence and fun. I am especially pleased this book was recommended to me. I enjoyed the sweet, simple writing and the historical accuracy of this charmingly developed book. I loved learning about Barnabus' life as a "Mudpatch" and his clever and cheeky ways of traveling through his home city of Waxminster and avoiding trouble until he couldn't escape the fate his talents and spirit drew to him. I'm so pleased that the book's ending left lots of room for Barnabus to reconnct with his new friends for more adventures. Can't wait for the next one! I'm sure young readers will enjoy it as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! A must read..., 11 Mar 2014
I liked all the hooks it had, and the adventure esp the ending! I liked the magic mixed with the adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, 15 Feb 2014
it is a great book for kids it is full of adventure and wizardry.
I kept on reading it in My spare time

5.0 out of 5 stars Barnabus mudpatch, 14 Jan 2014
I loved how they tried to protect the castle
It was soooooooooo good
It is go for 8year old boys

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Barnabus Mudpatch (Paperback)
While I'm a little older than the target audience for this book, I still found it a very enjoyable read. There's plenty of action, adventure, and humour to keep the reader entertained, and a few interesting bits of historical information thrown in on top. An entertaining read for all ages and a properly exciting tale for older children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful reading, 17 Nov 2013
I purchased this so that my grandchildren could have something to read when they visit. I always read books before they do as I did not know the author. However I found it almost impossible to put down! I have since purchased more books by this author and my grandchildren have also enjoyed the story. It was fun to read and difficult to put down. I hope more stories are forthcoming about this character - he is a "harry potter" of olden days. My only thought is that these books would seem too young for 11 or 12 year olds. My 10 year old found them wonderful. Definitely recommended for girls or boys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 10 July 2014
awesome book really good storyline. the absolute best of them all. a must get for everyone. from Fraser Gray. awesome book

5.0 out of 5 stars Will, 28 Mar 2014
I think it was very awesome and long also interesting
He should make another book that is just as interesting

Barnabus Mudpatch
Barnabus Mudpatch by Steve Moran (Paperback - 27 Feb 2013)
4.84