5.0 out of 5 stars Damn good story
Published on 11 Jun 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for light reading
A lot of spelling and typographical errors makes certain area quite frustrating to read.
No real sense of time throughout the story.
Published 14 months ago by Dead Reaper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn good story, 11 Jun 2011
This review is from: Demonsouled (Kindle Edition)
A good "heroic" fantasy story with interesting characters,a decent plot.My favoured authors in this genre tend to be David Gemmell,david eddings,raymond feist(and some simon r green).If you also like those authors this one is worth a read(I was so impressed that I've downloaded his other novels).For the money it's a cracking read and deserves a wider readership.I found only a couple of minor typos reading the book which do nothing to spoil it.Will be left on my kindle for a second read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sword and Sorcerous shell games, 12 April 2012
D. J. Ketchin "living in books" (Edinburgh Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Demonsouled (Kindle Edition)
Demonsouled appears at first to be a trite sword and sorcery novel.

For the frst few chapters it appears to be laying hints on very thick, and a little overdoen but it becomes obvious there are multiple layers. Soon you believe you have pierced the writers viel to the core of the plot. The real trick is that yet more hidden levels keep appearing all the way to the last chapter of the book. This is Epic sword and sorcery with everthing you expect and a great deal more. Great main character, fantastic plot and a lot of emotional depth and dark realism added onto the standard fantasy framework.

Does a great job of avoiding falling into the accepted genre traps and conventions. Cant say more or ill spoil the ending.

Johnathan Moeller has suceeded in building a cathedral round the rotten framework of the standard fantasy story. This is why continue to picking up free ebooks - occasionally you come across a gem hidden amongst the dross. I will be picking up all Moellers books immediately. Fantastic discovery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Demonsouled (Kindle Edition)
I chose five stars because it keeps you encapsulated throughout the book. The storyline is magnificent. I would recommend everyone read it.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for light reading, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Demonsouled (Kindle Edition)
No real sense of time throughout the story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not epic, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Demonsouled (Kindle Edition)
I have tried to keep up with this storey. It seems slow going as there isn't too much of a plot to deal with and character developement is drip fed. I might read the next one to see if there is any improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars First read of Jonathan Moeller, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Demonsouled (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book I have read by this author,I am very impressed and look forward to the next instalment. Hopefully it will be as good as this one. The book is very well written with excellent characters and a good storyline.I recommend to all fantasy readers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Demonsouled, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Demonsouled (Kindle Edition)
This book is listed as part of a trilogy but as far as I can see on Amazon, there are now 5 books listed as part of the "Demonsouled" series. The author has been compared to Raymond E Feist, David Gemmel etc - as for me, I can see similarities but I don't know if I would compare them.

The plot and storyline take you right into the action from page 1 and is fairly well paced throughout. However, the main character didn't really do it for me. Although he showed emotion and depth of character, there was something lacking for me. He also managed to annoy me everytime that he thought that he could kill this person in so many ways.

The storyline is interesting, with myth, magic, zuwembies (zombies), snake cult, parent pressure. This is a very good fantasy novel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read fantasy, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Demonsouled (Kindle Edition)
V reminiscent of Conan and early fantasy novellas
V promising start to what looks like a v entertaining series
Try it

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: Demonsouled (Kindle Edition)
This book was a gritty sword and sorcery tale with no Elves to be seen. Whilst the storyline wasnt complicated it drew you in and kept me reading and very soon I found myself downloading the next installment. Overall a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books. Download now, 20 Feb 2013
Mr. D. Harp - See all my reviews
This review is from: Demonsouled (Kindle Edition)
Loved all of the books. Easy to read.
Good story line and great characters.
Would recomend to every one who loves fantisy fiction.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Demonsouled: 1
Demonsouled: 1 by Jonathan Moeller (Paperback - 5 Jan 2013)
7.41