5.0 out of 5 stars WordPress To Go
Thank you Sarah McHarry - I can finally stop banging my head against the wall. Your book is well written, easy to understand and after struggling with WP and the technical jargon for weeks, I have in a few hours managed to master enough of it to put up my web site.
I would recommend this book for people new to WordPress and to setting up a website generally.
Published on 16 April 2012 by magi

3.0 out of 5 stars A great starter to Wordpress but........
First of all let me agree with most other reviewers and compliment Sarah on producing this well-written and easy to follow short book on WordPress. Like most novices, I'd read that WP is the flexible future if I wanted to produce my own website without going to Geekdom and back and needing to learn and write in code. Before buying her download, I'd spent fuddled days...
Published on 21 July 2012 by MeDo

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if you don't already have a website up and running, 9 July 2014
Nice and straight forward but unfortunately didn't help me as I was building for an existing domain name.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice and keep it simple introduction to Wordpress, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: WordPress To Go: How To Build A WordPress Website On Your Own Domain, From Scratch, Even If You Are A Complete Beginner (Paperback)
but it s a pity that her example website as referred in the book , doesn't excist anymore ..
So somebody who needs this type of keep it short and clear intro , could better choose another book …
There's plenty of choice !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Introduction, 22 May 2014
I thought it was easy to read, easy to follow and covered the basics I needed to get back into web development.

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward, useful and enjoyable, 18 May 2014
I bought this book after getting lost in the mine of information out there on Wordpress and really needing a foundation of understanding key points before trying to build my knowledge. This guide successfully identified the main areas I needed to understand to get me up and running with building my first proper Wordpress site. I am not a 'techie', and tend to get intimidated by 'tech speak' but Sarah McHarry's guide was very clear with an accessible, friendly writing style, she helps you every step of the way! I now feel confident enough to try it all out and create my first site. Would definitely recommend this book, I found it a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guide to using Wordpress, 6 May 2014
A very good guide for those with little or no knowledge of using web building sites. Easy to follow and get your site up and running quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 'little' book, 29 April 2014
The author of this book is able to use great economy of expression. I started this book as a Wordpress virgin but was immediately able to experiment and develop some very satisfying ideas. If you feel you want more comprehensive coverage of the topic, there are plenty of books out there. Start with this one. As a minimum, it will give you context to guide your further development.

And finally, a big thank you to the author. She has certainly saved me a lot of time and money, to say nothing of my new found knowledge of chicken rearing.

4.0 out of 5 stars good stater book, 12 April 2014
I worked thru the lessons over 1 weekend and had an active website by Sunday evening
well pleased. i now find that i am now referring to the book as a reference .
poor point - some of the graphics are difficult to read

5.0 out of 5 stars Accelerated learning, 10 April 2014
This book is true to its title. It really does take you from zero to having your own website up and running.

What I like about it is that it assumes that although I am ignorant about WordPress, I am actually a reasonably intelligent person familiar with using a PC and modern software packages.

This means it does not insist on reproducing every single screen and explaining every single field in tedious (and usually very verbose) detail. Instead it strikes a very pleasing balance by explaining the things that are important and those that I am likely to get wrong and leaves the rest for me to explore.

As well as this book I also bought: "WordPress for Beginners: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Creating your Own... Dr. Andy Williams" which has the same qualities and I recommend for the same reason.

Although the two books cover much of the same ground I found that having two experts each explaining WordPress to me in their own words and with their own insights and views, made the learning process more effective. And any problems on my part could usually be overcome by referring to the other book.

Buy both!

2.0 out of 5 stars fairly basic, 3 April 2014
Nothing more than what you can find googling some tutorials for free.
Very basic knowledge on WordPress.
Nothing really exciting.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every pennie, 3 Mar 2014
If you are considering building a wordpress site and dont know where to start ...well its here .you will be up and running in no time at all.