4.0 out of 5 stars Getting the first book of a series free is always a good way to get someone hooked.
Getting the first book of a series free is always a good way to get someone hooked, obviously this only works if the book is good. In this case it really worked. Finished it this morning on my way to work and have already ordered the next and have it waiting on my kindle for my journey home.

This book is well written and you actually start to have an interest...
Published 12 months ago by Mike Lloyd

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read.
I purchased this book as it was free and while it never really got going, as my title suggests, it's worth a read. It's not action packed, no epic battles or amazing feats of magic. The main character is not even that likable. It's just a good solid fantasy, which strangely draws you in. So if your hunting around for something to read you could do a lot worse than this...
Published 23 months ago by Forever Red

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 59 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 3 Aug. 2013
Really enjoyed this book. Looking forward to starting number 2 and reading about the next episode in Ilan's eventful life.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 20 July 2013
J. Clarke (Grimsby, United kingdom) - See all my reviews
as a free book I expected a lot worse but this is as good as any other book. however it is a bit short.

4.0 out of 5 stars To be read, 19 July 2013
Written in the perspective of the first person. The hound's character is totally believable for medieval times as is people's fear of all things magical

3.0 out of 5 stars In the style of Robin Hood, 3 July 2013
For me this book hovers between a 3 and 4* rating. It is the story of a young girl with magic in her blood, being orphaned and ending up living with a band of thieves in a large wood. The leader goes by many name "The Hand" and our young girl, Ilan, gets called "The Hound". It echo's Robin Hood and his band of merry men with the author's twist. Ilan and the men hide from the Praetor's men and rob the rich, the story ends when Ilan finds a magic bow and the reader is led to the second book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 21 Jun. 2013
Great way to open a series. Loved how the characters were introduced and how they all formed bonds with each other. Definitely worth the read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad for the price, 12 Jun. 2013
The story it self is quite enjoyable, and I find I enjoy this author's writing style, the problem is definitely with the length of the book. The main characters are intriguing, with a lot of promise if they all follow through in the latter episodes, but just when ou start to form a bond with them the book goes and ends and that can be off putting. But hey, I read a lot of fantasy novels because I enjoy where it takes my imagination and this book did that for me on occasions... pretty decent job C.Greenwood.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 20 May 2013
This is a good read, I enjoyed it's easy pace and compelling story. A bit short but a good start to a series of books, well worth a read for anyone who likes the fantasy/magic genre

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start to the series, 6 May 2013
This is a brilliant start to what I hope will continue to be an engaging and exciting tale.

It follows Ilan, a very believable and troubled young girl who has her childhood snatched away from her one terrible day. The series of events are compelling indeed and I couldn't wait to move on to each new chapter, finishing the book very quickly. It is written in such a way that even the mundane trials of her life become interesting and necessary enough for you to want to hear more about them, which shows some very clever writing skills.

I will certainly be having a look at the next stage of Ilan's journey and I'm looking forward to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good start, 29 April 2013
Well for a start of a series I found this book thoroughly enjoyable. I found I was attached to the main character at the end and was left wanting more. The pace of the book was good and kept me engrossed enough that I couldn't put the book down. The action scenes contained enough detail without being over the top and the description were the same enough for me to imagine the time and place without it being to much. Overall it was a good book and I now look forward to the next in the series which I must admit I'm going to get immediately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked it very much, 25 April 2013
It was a good read that I couldn't put down wish the whole series was free anyway a good book all in all

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 59 | Next ›

Magic of Thieves
Magic of Thieves by C. Greenwood (Paperback - 13 Dec. 2012)