Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 March 2013
I looked forward to this as a specific guide to the Nexus 10. This appears to be a general guide applicable to numerous products and I was amazed to read the opening sentence of the final chapter 15 which states "This book was never intended to be a step-by-step guide to using a Nexus 10 ", although the cover clearly reads " NEXUS 10 GUIDE ". I bought this for my wife and mistakenly thought that the "guide" would explain all IN PLAIN LANGUAGE AS CAMERA GUIDES DO. Instead of a section on the "story of viruses" it would have been of help to mention the camera and how to use it under the section " So what can I do with my Nexus 10 ". This isn't really a guide because it isn't specific enough in terms of how to use for the tablet novice ,yet gives the the already informed no more than they already know. Very disappointing.
on 14 February 2013
This book didn't tell me anything I hadn't already found on the internet or already knew.
It could possibly be of use to someone who has no experience what so ever of smart phones or tablets
on 14 April 2013
Ordered this book After ordering my Nexus.
Good for compering the authors other tablets and Apps..
Get the free user manual on the net from Google, If like me it's your first tablet.
on 2 November 2013
For guide in using a highly visual device as the Nexus, the total lack of illustrations is amazing. I had expected illustrations showing where to push, sweep, etc. The guide doesn't show a single illustration. Only text. It is utterly useless :-(
on 31 March 2013
As a newcomer to tablets, I found this a good introductory guide, and the You Tube instruction videos referred to are also useful.
on 17 July 2013
This book is a complete waste of money. It' a hymn of praise Google not an instruction manual. I got a much better one from my local library.
on 28 September 2013
Good introduction but fairly sparse as far as detailed info is given. Rather expensive for a small paperback. Not recommended!!
on 27 March 2014
I was a bit miffed when I bought the tablet and there was no manual.After looking on the internet I could not find amanual either. Eventually I came across this book which I found excellent and covered all I wanted to know.
on 26 April 2013
I actually have a Nexus 7 - but this little book gave lots of valuable facts and insight into the world of computing - apps storage and pros and cons of various tablets , desktops etc. I would recommend it as very enlightening reading. But - you need a step by step guide to be able to 'master' your 7 or 10 Nexus.
on 7 March 2014
This is a great guide to accompany the Nexus 10 Tablet. I have just bought my first tablet, and this guide is invaluable, leading me through various aspects of using a tablet more fully than the original instruction leaflet is able to do. A great investment.