Format: Audio CD|Change

When Luna's best friend Sierra died it tore her life apart. She lost her surrogate family as well as her friend and any chance of a lasting relationship with Angelo, Sierra's brother. Luna has made a fortune in weaving scarves so she has returned to Hope Springs to build an arts centre in a memorial to her friend but Angelo has returned too and the secrets that she holds have not gone away.

There is nothing remarkable or even particularly original in this second chance novel but the author has got the tone right and reveals the secrets cleverly and appropriately during the story. You do have to wonder why Angelo is hanging around so much at first but once you accept that then the developing relationship between the two of them makes perfect sense. The pace of the story is well done and the author is careful not to make the characters cardboard cut out - no real villains here but some shallow and hurting people. The story is about secrets and perceptions - I had worked out what was going to be revealed before it was but the characters' surprise and lack of knowledge just about makes sense.

If you like light romances then then this one is a little more substantial than many of the others in this genre - I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for a review.
on 27 April 2014
thought book was good reading really enjoyed it.Couldt wait to pick it up every night.thought the story was very interesting.
on 28 April 2014
I loved this book, was waiting eagerly for it's release after reading Second Chance Cafe. And I was not disappointed.
on 16 June 2014
What a perfectly lovely story has heartache a bit of drama and romance. Story flowed really nicely the characters were easy to get engrossed in and I really enjoyed the whole book. Will read more from Alison Kent this being my first book from her am intrigued to see what her other books are like.
on 24 February 2015
My first encounter with a book by Alison Kent. I thoroughly enjoyed Beneath the Patchwork Moon. Just what I was looking for. Inspiring characters with a creative element to them. A subtle page turner that tugs at your emotions. Looking forward to reading more by Alison Kent.
on 26 August 2014
A nice little story to lose yourself in, but I have to admit I found myself wanting more from the characters. I felt it started well, but somewhere along the way I became a little bored.
It is a lovely story, but maybe not for my tastes.
on 10 January 2015
Really struggled to get through this book. Took me day's where I can easily get lost in a book and read it in hours....

Story was so slow and predictable, I didn't fall in love with the characters, and found it monotonous to read.
on 23 June 2014
A really nice easy read with interesting characters.It was good to get to know about the family and that kept me interested.I kept picking it up to find out more A good romance with some twists and turns but a happy ending.Monica Clarke.
on 12 December 2015
Another good Hope Springs story I enjoy these novels very much. After traumatic teen age years two brothers and their younger sisters quest for forgiveness and love.
on 4 June 2014
This book shows that families and siblings have secrets. Love exists and that through it all deep down the truth is always better.
I loved it and you will too.