4.0 out of 5 stars World After
Published 8 months ago by Amethyst Bookwyrm

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read
After a brilliant first book, this was a good read although not as groundbreaking as the first. Looking forward to the sequel.
Published 5 months ago by AdiLoops

4.0 out of 5 stars World After, 19 Nov 2013
After what happened at the Aerie, Penryn is rescued by the resistance, along with her mother, and her sister, Paige, who is scarred, changed and disfigured, from the angel's actions. But, the Archangel Raffe believes that Penryn died in the scorpion basement and does not know that she is ok and with the resistance. When Paige is captured after the resistance believe she is a monster and try to kill her, it turns into a massacre and Paige flees. Now, Penryn and her mother have to find her and at the same time, they discover the angels horrifying plans.

World After is the really good sequel to Angelfall as it is addictive and has everything I liked but darker and grittier. I also liked how we got know more about the Angels and their plans.

Penryn has grown as a person since the beginning of the series, as she is still a reluctant hero even though she is going through so much, plus it makes Penryn seem more human the way she struggled to cope both with Paige and what happened to her, but she still has a sense of humour such as "Pooky Bear". However, I did miss Raffe, as he is not in this book as much as I would have liked but the bits with him in were brilliant. I also liked the secondary characters such as Dee-Dum and Penryn's mother, but my favourite has to be Paige as I felt so sorry for her and I just want to give her a hug.

I hope we don't have to wait as long for the next book as I really want to know what happens next with Penryn and the rest. I would recommend World After to fans of the first book Angelfall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much anticipated second book, 21 Nov 2013
Bea Turvey (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Well worth the wait, thank you. It didn't fail to live up to the promise of the first book.
I always want the second book to carry on the story and not labour over rehashing the scenes from the first book and this book delivered...except it did something weird and gave us Raffe's POV! Yes, it's true. We also get an insight into her sister's trauma. It was a little jarring at first but you quickly get used to it.
Raffe was missing for the first half - or at least, he wasn't physically present in her life. We had several views of him from a distance to keep us salivating, and boy, did I salivate. When he finally appeared it was almost magical...if a little bloody.
Dee-Dum were their normal naughty selves - if you can't have a little fun when the world is ending, when can you?
Mother - I have a theory that she is perfectly sane and everyone else is ignorant...then I smack my forehead and give myself a talking to.
Beliel - Yes!!! Go Prue! (read it if you want to know more)
I shall, of course, read it again next week!

Oh, and Ms Ee, please arrange for the next book to be out on a weekend so I don't chew through my desk waiting to get home to my tablet!

5.0 out of 5 stars EPIC, 19 Nov 2013
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
This is the single most epic book I have ever read. And I've read a LOT of books. Yay! Love it!! And Pooky Bear is epic!

5.0 out of 5 stars The most compelling story iv ever read!, 27 Nov 2013
Kellie (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
The most compelling story iv ever read! they are so addictive, I just could not put it down. cannot wait for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read It, 20 Nov 2013
Ok so, my first reaction to finish this book was:

'SQEEEEEFJHFTDJTRJGFDAEAEAEAJTRBBHJGIUGIUU!'

This roughly translates to 'OMG too excited and overwhelmed beyond words, I NEED the next installment!'

As usual this book is well written and beautiful. We get a look at Raffe's perspective of the Raffe/Penryn relationship as well as FINALLY catching a glimpse of Uriel's End Game. Penryn is her usual Post-Apocalyptic self. Now that I think about it she's alot like Katniss (Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins) but with way more emotional baggage. I will say no more as I don't want to ruin it for potential readers, which all who read this review should be.

Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Miss It!, 20 July 2014
Kat (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
When I first picked up Angelfall, I admit I was a complete cynic. Despite friends telling me I would love it I was so sure it would be some cheesy horrible angel romance that would give me an eye-roll headache. But as soon as I started reading, I ate all my words because Angelfall was NOT a cheesy horrible angel romance - it was a dark, post-apocalyptic page-turner.

Therefore World After was one of my most anticipated 2013 releases - and as soon as the calendar ticked over to January I devoured Angelfall again and went straight on to World After.

Picking up shortly after Angefall ends, with Penryn recovering from her encounter with the creepy scorpions in the hotel basement, World After jumps straight into the action, and as with Angelfall, was completely and utterly addictive.

I loved Penryn in Angelfall, and I loved her even more whilst reading World After - shes the type of heroine that I couldn't help cheering on and admiring simultaneously - tough, family-focused and so incredibly brave. Despite the fact that Paige has been forever changed after her 'surgery', Penryn sticks by her completely. There is also more revealed about Penryn's background, and what happened before the angel apocalypse, which explained so much about her character and why she acts the way she does.

The relationship between Penryn and Raffe isn't the focus of World After and this is not a book where there's a whole lot of mooning and pining - Penryn is too busy living through the angel apocalypse to spend too much time thinking about Raffe, and it was so refreshing to have a romance that didn't overwhelm the whole plot.

World After is DARK my friends - it's creepy, imaginative and more than a little spooky - there were parts where I was literally cringing with the horror of some of the things that happened. Susan Ee has a wicked imagination for bringing nightmares to life, and I loved every single moment.

The one and only issue I have with World After is the wait until the next book in the series *insert crying face here*. And if you haven't read Angelfall yet - DO IT!

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 7 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars World After, 29 Jan 2014
Brilliant, brilliant book which followed smoothly from book 1. Easy to read and well worth the purchase. Could do with book 3 and book 4 to follow on. Was sad when I finished reading both book 1 and 2. Excellent read

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Wait!!!, 27 Nov 2013
I can't believe I finished reading it!!!! I want to carry on reading..... I feel like crying now, can't wait for the next one..
Please be quick :)

5.0 out of 5 stars great book two, 27 Nov 2013
Really like this series of books. It doesn't end up where you expect and is engaging. Sometimes a bit too "girly loves the handsome angel", but I think that gives Penrith a bit of depth. Looking forward to the next one, if there is one. Penryn seemed more bad ass in the first book though. Impressive technical knowledge for the fight descriptions though. Although I would suggest that a knee to knee take down might not work well on a taller opponent, better to kick it forward whilst dropping your weight, get in a strike to the neck or diaphagm, whilst your opponent falls and then apply a choke hold. Miss the strike and your opponent will struggle. ;-) LOL

World After (Penryn & the End of Days)
World After (Penryn & the End of Days) by Susan Ee (MP3 CD - 19 Nov 2013)
10.56