4.0 out of 5 stars Science vs the Supernatural
Published on 5 Jun 2007 by H Millet-Clark

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected something different. But it's okay!
I met Roach's work with the book Stiff. So when I realized she had a book about the supernatural I got interested.
And the book it's okay, it revolves a lot about the subjects.

But, then... I always found the tone of the book to be excessively skeptical.
Published 15 days ago by Junceiro

4.0 out of 5 stars Science vs the Supernatural, 5 Jun 2007
Can science prove or disprove the existence of ghosts and the afterlife? That's what a certain journalist decided to find out. The journey is funny and strange and even touching in places. And the answers she comes up with might surprise you. This isn't fantasy, it's all strict scientific fact. The only reason I give it only 4 stars instead of 5 is that I feel the author neglected some areas of research into the paranormal that could have been usefully explored. Still, it's a well thought out and open-minded look at a subject that is all too often shoved off to the side with books on occultism and religion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected something different. But it's okay!, 5 April 2014
And the book it's okay, it revolves a lot about the subjects.

But, then... I always found the tone of the book to be excessively skeptical.
The thing is that it always tries to find a scientific explanation for everything, even if sometimes forceful.
I mean, it goes to say that all of the paranormal stuff is scientifically explainable - even if by the mental issues of the people who claim it - and doesn't allow much of free space for the contraditory.
Even so, it's a very fun read and if you like Mary Roach, you'll like this book. Go for it.
Cheers

ARRAY(0xa92ebcc0)

Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife
Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife by Mary Roach (Audio CD - 26 Jun 2013)
10.51