4.0 out of 5 stars Rather more complicated than I had anticipated...
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Pages too small- useless for reading on iPad
Useless for reading - the pages have a thick border on an iPad so they are much smaller than the screen - this makes the staves really small for reading at the piano.
Published 25 days ago by Ben Dafdg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather more complicated than I had anticipated..., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Frozen: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack (PVG) (Piano, Vocal, Guitar Songbook) (Paperback)
I love the music from Frozen and when this dropped through my door, I raced to the piano eager to sing along to the score. Unfortunately I'd failed to appreciate that my grade 8 piano just over a decade ago was going to be insufficient to actually be able to play it. For those who expect this to be the typical PVG book that is over simplified spoiling the song, you're in for a shock. I've had to take up practising scales and arpeggios again in an attempt to even vaguely do these beautiful pieces justice. The beauty of this is that once mastered, this score will bring the satisfaction we long for in PVG but until that time, well, it's really rather embarrassing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not leave my piano alone!, 3 May 2014
Great level of difficulty. And the music sounds amazing on just a piano, far fuller than I thought it would! Watch out for the wonderful keys and key changes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn to play songs that brought Disney back to old paths of success, 6 Mar 2014
Denis Vukosav - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
If you watched the recently released Disney movie, except that you certainly liked its story and the animation, you must have noticed the original score that after years of domination of some other animation studios brought Disney back to old paths of success given that this studio was once synonymous with excellent soundtracks that were accompanying their successful movies for children.

In this book eleven well-made songs were collected from "Frozen" movie original score:
1. For The First Time In Forever
2. Fixer Upper
3. Do You Want To Build A Snowman?
4. Vuelie
5. Frozen Heart
6. Heimr Arnadalr
7. In Summer
8. Let It Go
9. Love Is An Open Door
10.Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People
11.For The First Time In Forever (Reprise)

Though I cannot judge with complete certainty the level of knowledge required for its playing, on first glance is somewhere around intermediate, its notation is easy to read.
After my daughter that got this book as a gift will go through all the songs I will complement this review with more details about playing experience.

UPDATE 12.02. - after some time has passed, my daughter still fully enjoy it, and given she is playing piano for three years I remain in my claim that the book requires an intermediate level of knowledge.

So if you liked the original score of the newest Disney movie, this book with plenty of color illustrations and movie artwork provides a great way to learn some of them to play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard music, 18 April 2014
I bought this stupidly thinking that it would be "easy piano", but it turned out to be the full orchestral score squished into one piano part. It sounds wonderful, but I cannot play it (except for "Vuelie" and some of the right hand parts). I should have read the description, and if I were a better pianist it would be perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 6 April 2014
I loved the film, immediately bought the sound track, and as my daughter has learnt the songs it was only natural to then go on to purchase this book. We have lots of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid – but not for a beginner, 23 Jun 2014
REJ - See all my reviews
The songs are great and it's faithfully transcribed as far as I can tell. It's not sight-readable for me (I'm grade 8 standard) but has the chords about the melody line so you can bash through it that way, and then come back and learn it properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars What was needed..., 22 Jun 2014
I run a little choir for 9 and 10 year olds. They wanted to sing this music so i had to get it. I do not think that children realise just how hard it is to sing - properly

4.0 out of 5 stars Music to our ears, 13 Jun 2014
Great quality and speedy delivery, thank you. Good, very clear music book it has given my daughter an insight to music notes etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 31 May 2014
Good intermediate level (not too basic) piano part that reflects the original score. Very enjoyable and my son loves listening to me playing it and joining in with the singing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 26 Mar 2014
We alll went to see the movie and loved it. The kids then wanted the sount track and the music.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Frozen: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack (PVG) (Piano, Vocal, Guitar Songbook) by Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation (Paperback - 19 Feb 2014)