Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 September 2013
I have not had any training or teaching about delivering presentations and so, like many others, I have learnt from my peers. Having read this book I now recognise where I am going wrong! A lot of it is common sense and quite obvious once you have pointed it out. This book is a very useful tool that anyone could use to prepare, plan and deliver an outstanding presentation. It is informative, gives good clear guidelines and addresses the inherent misconceptions so many of us have when delivering a presentation.
on 27 April 2014
This book does what it says on the tin: in clear, simple language it teaches you how to plan for and deliver great training to a variety of people on any topic. I train trainers myself and recommend this book to them. For experienced trainers it helps you to brush up your skills and inspires you to think about things differently. What I particularly like about this book is that it works very well for people who are not professional trainers, but have a training role in their jobs. Well done Alan Matthews.
on 28 January 2013
As a seasoned trainer I am always checking that what I do represents best practice. I found this book very readable, pithy and full of tips and information. Covers many aspects which trainers need to create great workshops and events, and which are all too easy to miss. A good reminder to those who train regularly - everyone can learn from this useful book.
on 30 November 2012
This book turned out to be a rare gem of a training tool. Alan's joy for training is infectious and shines through every page. With his own down-to-earth style, he uses real-life scenarios to provide valuable examples throughout. The only thing stopping this becoming a "training textbook" is that it's so much fun!
on 9 July 2015
I love this book! I've done train the trainer courses but this is a great reference to go back to when I prepare my own training sessions. I also really love the style of writing. Top marks!
on 24 March 2013
Great book that contains everything you need to think about when designing and delivering training. A good introduction to new trainers and a great refresher for more experienced trainers.
on 6 December 2015
Excellent book! Have recommended it to other trainers. Down-to-earth, plain language and immediately usable. Would love to see a book from him on drawing those eye-catching cartoons!
on 23 June 2015
Very useful manual on training.
I'm currently writing my first training course and this book has been a great
reference manual in very easy bitesized chunks.
on 1 September 2013
Covers everything, you also get the benefit of Mr Mathews extensive experience of dealing with people, you don't normally find that in a text book! Invaluable!
on 16 May 2016
Some great ideas and basic suggestions, I will be referring back to this, as I develop my training, nicely done Alan.