Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 December 2012
Excellent for new trainers or experienced trainers. You can dip in and out of the chapters ...I have been training for years and it was good to have reinforcement that the techniques I am using are sound but also reminded me of some areas that I need to revisit or had forgotten about. Would strongly recommend this book.
on 2 December 2012
Well done on your excellent, chatty and practical book, full of techniques, tips and reminders to deliver transformational training, emphasising the steps of becoming a facilitative and creative trainer. I found it an enjoyable read and a good reference book without jargon, which I'm sure both newer and experienced trainers will dip into often for inspiration and good practice.
on 30 November 2012
This is an essential read for someone new to Training or an old hand who just wants to know why some things work whilst others don't.
It makes a great present too!
on 3 December 2012
I really did find this book very useful and informative. It is good to have a book written in layman's terms and it left me with the impression that it was written just for me. It has given me ideas on how I can improve my training and make each session more interactive and memorable.
on 3 December 2012
This book is an easy, fun and informative read - not just for people who are new to training but also for those who have been involved for a number of years. It is a valuable resource for anyone who wants to continue to develop their training practice, I thoroughly recommend it.
on 30 November 2012
To our benefit, Alan Matthews' How To Design And Deliver Great Training presents a clear and focused roadmap for the new facilitator, while also serving as a valuable resource for those experienced trainers who are looking for new approaches. Bravo!
on 7 December 2012
A comprehensive, clear and simple guide to training issues. It focussed throughout on good practice, used humour appropriately and above all was very clear and straightforward.
I will be using it to remind myself of good practice
on 3 April 2013
I read this cover to cover and found it really useful. The emphasis is on everything you do being about how it helps the learner learn - not simply about just "putting on a good show". It gives practical examples of how to engage learners (even those who may not wish to be there initially) & how to vary sessions to appeal to as many as possible and keep people engaged. It's an easy book to read - full of top tips & ideas. I like the almost conversational style that still manages to deliver the important messages. Love the use of cartoons. Would recommend this to any trainer, experienced & new alike.
on 8 February 2013
This book is just what I needed after being in skills training for just over a year. It's written in an extremely straight forward way, no frills but with plenty of humour. It's so refreshing to find a book that tells it how it is, and doesn't fall into the temptation of including too much training and learning theory.
It's full of tips on every part of the training process, tips that you can put into practice immediately. This book will be a permanent resource for me to dip into as I work to improve my training on an ongoing basis.
on 30 November 2012
"If you only read one book on workplace learning, this book should be at the top of your list... Perfectly suited for the new trainer who is tasked to design in-house training programmes, develop relevant content and deliver training, all to a professional standard."

Kym Kirk