5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Training Reference Book
Excellent for new trainers or experienced trainers. You can dip in and out of the chapters ...I have been training for years and it was good to have reinforcement that the techniques I am using are sound but also reminded me of some areas that I need to revisit or had forgotten about. Would strongly recommend this book.
Published on 1 Dec. 2012 by C. Stevenson

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot recommend..sorry
Kudos for this self-published book - always think it is great when people take the initiative to write and publish their own work. This book, unfortunately, probably wouldn't be published by the mainstream publishers in its present form.
I just didn't believe that there was enough to warrant a whole book of this many pages, etc.
Plus the quality of the paper was...
Published 20 months ago by zeereviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Training Reference Book, 1 Dec. 2012
C. Stevenson "Carol" (Worcestershire) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A 'must have' training book, 2 Dec. 2012
This review is from: How To Design And Deliver Great Training (Paperback)
Well done on your excellent, chatty and practical book, full of techniques, tips and reminders to deliver transformational training, emphasising the steps of becoming a facilitative and creative trainer. I found it an enjoyable read and a good reference book without jargon, which I'm sure both newer and experienced trainers will dip into often for inspiration and good practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book on training, 30 Nov. 2012
Kym Kirk (VICTORIA POINT, QLD, AU) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How To Design And Deliver Great Training (Paperback)
"If you only read one book on workplace learning, this book should be at the top of your list... Perfectly suited for the new trainer who is tasked to design in-house training programmes, develop relevant content and deliver training, all to a professional standard."

Kym Kirk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, very practical, lots of "top tips", 3 April 2013
This review is from: How To Design And Deliver Great Training (Paperback)
I read this cover to cover and found it really useful. The emphasis is on everything you do being about how it helps the learner learn - not simply about just "putting on a good show". It gives practical examples of how to engage learners (even those who may not wish to be there initially) & how to vary sessions to appeal to as many as possible and keep people engaged. It's an easy book to read - full of top tips & ideas. I like the almost conversational style that still manages to deliver the important messages. Love the use of cartoons. Would recommend this to any trainer, experienced & new alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a bit good!, 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: How To Design And Deliver Great Training (Paperback)
This is an essential read for someone new to Training or an old hand who just wants to know why some things work whilst others don't.
It makes a great present too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned common sense, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: How To Design And Deliver Great Training (Paperback)
As someone who has written and delivered train the trainer programmes for some years myself, I was intrigued to read the pre-publication version of this book while, at the same time, wondering if it would teach me anything new. I wasn't disappointed. Mr Matthews has produced an accessible and engaging tome full of practical, common sense content which concentrates the mind of both the experienced and the aspiring trainer on the effective transfer of learning - which is, or should be, what any trainer is all about.

So did this old dog learn any new tricks? I will pay Mr Matthews the compliment of saying that some of his content has found its way into my own train the trainer course - as he observes early in this book, we trainers use each other's stuff all the time, we all know it happens and none of us minds. But it needs to be good stuff to be worth adapting, and this book contains much that fits that description.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book, 3 Dec. 2012
This review is from: How To Design And Deliver Great Training (Paperback)
I really did find this book very useful and informative. It is good to have a book written in layman's terms and it left me with the impression that it was written just for me. It has given me ideas on how I can improve my training and make each session more interactive and memorable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and informative, 3 Dec. 2012
This review is from: How To Design And Deliver Great Training (Paperback)
This book is an easy, fun and informative read - not just for people who are new to training but also for those who have been involved for a number of years. It is a valuable resource for anyone who wants to continue to develop their training practice, I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Start here!, 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: How To Design And Deliver Great Training (Paperback)
To our benefit, Alan Matthews' How To Design And Deliver Great Training presents a clear and focused roadmap for the new facilitator, while also serving as a valuable resource for those experienced trainers who are looking for new approaches. Bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but clear, 7 Dec. 2012
This review is from: How To Design And Deliver Great Training (Paperback)
A comprehensive, clear and simple guide to training issues. It focussed throughout on good practice, used humour appropriately and above all was very clear and straightforward.
I will be using it to remind myself of good practice

How To Design And Deliver Great Training
How To Design And Deliver Great Training by Alan Matthews (Paperback - 2 Nov. 2012)