Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 January 2013
This is the continuation from Jet. Jet is on her way to get her daughter and to be free from the past, at last.
Alas, not everything goes according to plan.
Jet 2 is a wonderful action book. The action, once again, is breathtaking and emotions run high. This is where you realise that Jet is not really just a killing machine. She left that behind her when she faked her death. But to get over David's betrayal, to get the most important thing in the world, she will have to go back to it. To get her daughter, she will have to pay a price. She will be betrayed once more and will have to work out the truth for herself. Will she get out of this terrible mess? And the one million dollars question, will she get her daughter back?
With another 2 books after this one, I guess you'll have to find out by yourself by reading this one.

As Jet finds out, it is a long, arduous road to get to freedom. And that road seems to go on, and on, and on...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 January 2014
The story picks up almost directly from the end of the first JET novel (apart from the prologue, which sets the scene) and from there on in, the story continues at a pretty good pace. With these fast action , and fairly graphic thrillers, you have to be prepared to suspend belief a little bit, but this genre of action thrillers generally demand that of the reader, no matter who the author is!! For an entertainment read, the JET novels seem to hit the mark for no-nonsense thrills and action, whilst not requiring too much thought on behalf of the reader – which is fine for an engaging holiday or non-critical read!!
It is nice to have a female primary character for a change, someone who you want to see succeed against all odds and the establishment!!
It is advisable to read these books in order as they do have a storyline thread and benefit from being reading the correct order.

I would rate them as a very good holiday / entertainment read, if this is your kind of reading for relaxation. It is interesting that the author does spend a serious amount of time describing the weaponry used by the protagonists, so you do find yourself browsing the Web to find out a bit more about the weapons he is describing.

I will be continuing to buy the JET series to find out how the story plays out.
on 30 March 2013
I thought when I finished Jet that she would settle down to normal life, but of course you know that could not happen. Having to go back into the life she thought she had left behind she travels all over the world to pursue her enemies in order to try to live her life. The descriptions of Thailand are such that you could visualise yourself there, and although some harrowing things are described, they add to the realistic nature of the book.
Will she win or lose? I am so addicted I have just downloaded Jet 111 and 1V together. That is my weekend sorted!
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo now seems very tame!
on 21 March 2013
The action packed plot has to be taken with a pinch of salt but the style of writing makes it believable.In fairness to the author he does describe it as such but just to enjoy the fast paced story.Some descriptions can be a bit on the grisly side but this is adult literature after all. Slightly romantic but not slushy or shocking. Like 'Jet' it ends at a point where you just want to order the sequel to find out what happens next. However, I do object to the habit of previewing the next book. I feel shortchanged on the book I am reading and I don't want to read a substantial section of the sequel before I get it.
on 17 February 2013
Another fast paced adventure in this series. Just as good or even a little better than the first.

It is decently written with lots of great action scenes.
Jet is pretty much a female James Bond or Jason Bourne though she does have a bit more of a back story.

It is all very over the top but taken in isolation each action scene is plausible.
There is always an explanation of why she defeats all her foes.
on 16 May 2013
All these books in this series need to be read to get the full effect of what's happening.
They all start where the last book finished.
on 24 May 2013
The book itself was really good but I found the ending a little strange. At first I thought maybe I was missing the last couple of pages, but it seems that what I got was what was written. It left you up in the air and waiting to buy the next volume. Maybe that was how it was supposed to end, but I like a book to have a good beginning and a definite end.
on 29 April 2013
Good combination of excitement and humour, with a good plot. A nice follow-on from the first book, which was also very good.
on 18 November 2012
I bought the first book in the JET series on a recomendation from the author himself (via twitter) as I had asked him about when his next book on the Assasin series was due out..well I certainly was not disappointed. Fantastic read and would certainly recommend this. In fact, I have enjoyed Russells' work that much I am now on the Delphi Chronicles!!
on 13 May 2013
I found so far that the series could easily be made into good adventure action films. Good plots fast paced. loved it