4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, really good results!
Published 23 months ago by Emma French

1.0 out of 5 stars Yet more plagiarism
As the publisher of Dr Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer's The Fast Diet, I am alarmed to see that Jacqueline Whitehart has lifted sections of text from both Michael Mosley's article in the Daily Telegraph and from his BBC Horizon Programme without consent. When Whitehart has attempted to change some words, she gets the science wrong. Beware!
Published on 6 Jan. 2013 by rebecca nicolson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Yet more plagiarism, 6 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The 5:2 Fasting Diet (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars The content is somewhat useful but a pocket guide I'd say., 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The 5:2 Fasting Diet (Paperback)
I decided to get this book following a spell of doing the 5:2 diet my self following the BBC programme in August '12 with Michael Mosley - which was somewhat successful and I did get used to it, but I wanted to go further and understand the background and ensure I did it safely if I was to take further.

It didn't give me information over and above my knowledge gained already from own research and it was not what I was expecting. Disliked the size and content level given this is a new diet concept in the UK and little background, approach or any risks involved etc. You cannot tell from the listing but when you get it, it is a very thin book and certainly not worth the money paid for it in my opinion -I was expecting something at least an inch thick. This is much less than 1 cm - which is thinner than a book my young son reads! This is more of a pocket guide once you plan to do the diet rather than a full diet plan with background and therefore did not meet expectations.

I liked that this book gives some useful tips i.e. It is useful for ideas on recipes and calorific values when fasting and that is it really - the rest I know already from the research I have already done so feel a little disappointed with the 'value' of this publication to be frank and honest for the money paid.

1.0 out of 5 stars A tiny pamphlet summarising the 5:2 diet, 7 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The 5:2 Fasting Diet (Paperback)
I wish I had noticed this paperback book was only 50 pages. Most of That is repetition. If you have seen the Horizon Programme, or have 5 minutes to do an Internet search you can find all the information in this publication for nothing!

1.0 out of 5 stars Most disappointing, 20 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The 5:2 Fasting Diet (Paperback)
I don't know how this person, I won't call her an author, had the gall to publish this pamphlet. It is the most uninspiring selection of recipes I've read. The forward promises pictures of the dishes, always helpful in a cookery book, but there are none. It is badly written, repetitive and over priced, my advice: don't buy it.

2.0 out of 5 stars A basic summary of this diet, 24 Oct. 2012
First, the author does not claim to be a scientist or suchlike although the book does have some scientific references at the end, therefore there is not an indepth explanation of the science behind this diet. There are some useful suggestions and some useful advice as to what to expect. The low calorie recipes aren't extensive and are fairly standard (in fact if I were to use them I'd definitely use some more herbs & spices). The idea of the 4.5/2.5 diet was interesting (more use for additional weight loss). Overall a reasonable basic explanation of this diet with a few useful suggestions, but overpriced for the content in my view. [Edit] Updated review after a few more weeks of 5:2 diet and slightly switching to 2 meals on fast days rather than 3. Plus I bought The 5:2 Diet Book: Feast for 5 Days a Week and Fast for 2 to Lose Weight, Boost Your Brain and Transform Your Health, which is better value for money in my opinion

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the Times instead, 18 Nov. 2012
I am all for supporting working Mums and am happy I have with the purchase of this book but I have to say the content is woefully short and lacks any depth on the subject. It took 10 minutes to read and at the end of it I realised I still had more material from my own google research than the author had bothered to include in the reference section? The Times recently published a great article that covers as much ground and was personally more useful. There is a great opportunity for a 5:2, ADF, Intermittent fasting guide including more of the research that's been carried out and available, there are even works on fasting dating from 1900 ( available on Amazon!). This isn't it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this book, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The 5:2 Fasting Diet (Paperback)
I was very disappointed with this book. It looks very much like the author has jumped on a band wagon she doesn't really understand.
There's very little information and the recipe section is basically a few boring and uninspiring recipes. It is a very thin book that has little content and was not worth the money.
Don't buy this book- it really has nothing useful to say.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 29 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The 5:2 Fasting Diet (Paperback)
Full of typos and about 50 pages in size, this isn't even really a book - very disappointed and am returning it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, really good results!, 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The 5:2 Fasting Diet (Paperback)
It is said sometimes that French women are slim without any effort. Well, being French, I can say this is definitely a myth. In this context, I have to say that this book was of great help to maintain the legend. The 5.2 book is quite a small book (anyway, you don't want to read an encyclopedia for a diet or you would lose your interest before you lose some weight) but is full of good advice and original recipes. The diet is quite easy to follow. Really happy with the results!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter book for those considering 5:2 "Diet", 15 Feb. 2013
A. Mitchell "avantgarde" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 5:2 Fasting Diet (Paperback)
Slim volume. Tells you what you need to know to get started. Some basic recipe suggestions. Additional calorie counter not really required, as most supermarket products are suitably labelled these days.
No doubt a fuller book with more recipes, more background on the progress of those on this eating plan longer-term will be forthcoming soon.
Apart from this book, all you need to succeed is willpower and self-control.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The 5:2 Fasting Diet
The 5:2 Fasting Diet by Jacqueline Whitehart (Paperback - 22 Oct. 2012)
Used & New from: £160.11