5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book for beginners
If starting with windows 8, this is an excellent reference book to help along the way. I got this within a day or two of getting my new windows 8 laptop. At first windows 8 was so different, the book seemed to have only limited appeal because what it was saying was almost as puzzling as windows 8 itself. Then little by little it got clearer and easier to use, and the...
Published on 6 Feb. 2013 by J. Collis

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but basic
The book is good but a bit basic but for only £1 cant complain much good for the price so if youre new to windows 8 then go for it
Published 22 months ago by Elcapitan

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK, GOOD PRICE!, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Top 100 Tips for Windows 8: Discover the Secrets of Windows 8 (Paperback)
REALLY GOOD GUIDE THIS! I FOUND IT VERY USEFUL, BECAUSE WINDOWS 8 IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM WINDOWS 7. IT HAS LOTS OF USEFUL HINTS AND TIPS TO HELP YOU ALONG! SIMPLE DIALOGUE, AND NO COMPUTER JARGON, AND COMPLICATED WORDS! JUST PLAIN AND SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND, GREAT WRITTEN BOOK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness!, 11 Mar. 2014
Carol Clark (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Just bought a new laptop. No choice but Windows 8.1 on it. Completely NOT intuitive. So having clicked on various things randomly with no success I was close to giving up. Found this Kindle book on Amazon and so glad I got it. Can now set up and find my way around my new laptop. Easy to read and follow and I even understood most of it! Still occasionally uses jargon which is annoying as it assumes a level of knowledge I do not have, but well worth the low price. Buy it if you too are bemused with Windows 8.1!

5.0 out of 5 stars guideline Windows 8, 13 Jan. 2013
Dr. L. Offerhaus "lion temple" (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
Very simple, clear explanations, good supplement to Microsoft online manual (which was totally insufficient). It is evident that Windows 8 is no more than a colourful cloak around Windows 7 - though in some aspects it is quicker.

5.0 out of 5 stars windows 8, 26 Oct. 2013
Got a windows 8 laptop so ideal to help me get around this new system. Still getting ther, bit like a bible read a little when you need to.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but basic, 18 April 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for experienced users of earlier versions of Windows, 6 Nov. 2013
Found the book helped answer my questions as a new Windows 8 User e.g. Can I still use keyboard short cuts? what's a quick way of shutting down? How can I personalise my desktop? How do I use CHARMS? How to get to grips with the touch screen?
Really useful book for the laptop bag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic. Get this book!, 14 Oct. 2013
This was a sanity saving buy for me. My old xp laptop died so I had to go out and replace it which meant windows8 was my new operating system. Yikes!! What are all these square things? Where is my desktop? The new system looked interesting but didn't behave at all well. All down to operator error of course.

Being on the verge of publishing a book on Kindle Direct Publishing for the first time ever I needed to get to grips with windows8 fast so I downloaded this hoping it would help me find my way round my new laptop. It fitted the bill perfectly guiding me step by step through all that is new and I have to say but for this manual I would probably hate windows8 but instead I'm learning to love it.
You know how, with a new system it's so easy to make something happen that you don't want, don't understand and can't rectify? Have no fear, get this, read it and then get going. Once you've read the whole book it's easy to refer back to work out where you went wrong or find out how to do what you want.

The book is clearly written in a logical, conversational manner. I recommend it as a good purchase for anyone no matter what their level of expertise. For the expert pc user it will give a good basic overview and for those like me who are not so pc savvy it's probably the only windows8 book you will ever want or need.

I succeeded in publishing my book on a laptop with a new operating system that I'd only had for a week. Top 100 Tips for Windows8 helped me to do that. Well worth purchasing. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars As it says 100 tips on how to navigate Windows 8, 9 Nov. 2013
Mrs. C. Hulmes "christine6623" (Gwynedd, UK) - See all my reviews
Full of fresh tips and shortcuts for the laptop enthusiast. Full instruction for touch screen or when typing using a keyboard. Shortcuts given for both touch screen and keyboard given at the end of each subject. Like xmas when you read and learn with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for anyone who is a windows 8 first timer., 6 Jun. 2013
I bought a new windows 8 computer and it was a nightmare since I had not used that system before. The book was very useful and I would recommend it to anyone who had at least used a computer before. The price was not bad either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 13 Oct. 2014
Recommended if you are new to windows 8, this book will show you some nice neat 'tricks of the trade' to help you get set up, started and get things running the way you want to. Also helps you use more of the functionality of windows 8, and told me many things that I otherwise would not have known.
That said, it is the type of book that you'll likely find useful for the first month or two, then will likely just sit on the shelf unused and unloved....

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

Top 100 Tips for Windows 8: Discover the Secrets of Windows 8
Top 100 Tips for Windows 8: Discover the Secrets of Windows 8 by Tim Sievers (Paperback - 23 Oct. 2012)