5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book for beginners
If starting with windows 8, this is an excellent reference book to help along the way. I got this within a day or two of getting my new windows 8 laptop. At first windows 8 was so different, the book seemed to have only limited appeal because what it was saying was almost as puzzling as windows 8 itself. Then little by little it got clearer and easier to use, and the...
Published 17 months ago by J. Collis

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but basic
The book is good but a bit basic but for only 1 cant complain much good for the price so if youre new to windows 8 then go for it
Published 15 months ago by Elcapitan

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars top 100 tips for windows8, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Top 100 Tips for Windows 8: Discover the Secrets of Windows 8 (Paperback)
did what it said it would do and easy to understand I would not hesitate buying another book by this author

5.0 out of 5 stars So helpful, 14 Feb 2013
When you begin using Windows 8 it can be quite scary and confusing this book can guide you through the early learning curve and save a fair bit of time also

4.0 out of 5 stars Some dummies still have problems., 8 Feb 2013
I would have awarded 5 stars but because I have little or no knowledge of computer language I am finding some difficulty in understanding some terms and it's a case of trial and error. No doubt at some time in the future I hope I shall be able to look back and think what a dummy I was or may still be but hope springs eternal! I also have a problem retaining knowledge but I'm hoping use will overcome that also.

3.0 out of 5 stars REASONABLE, 24 May 2013
This was a reasonable introductory book to purchase and read for someone who is as newcomer to Microsoft Windows 8

3.0 out of 5 stars Help was needed, 8 May 2013
B. J. Mead "Joycee" (Glentrothes Fife) - See all my reviews
Needed help but didn't find this particularly helpful. Would depend on the level of experience you already had I suppose. I had windows xp before and struggled with windows 8. but then I am an older person.

5.0 out of 5 stars In Kindle form absolutly essential, 30 April 2013
Brilliant for those switching from XP to Windows 8
In Kindle form very easy to use whilst at the PC

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarks, 19 April 2013
I was disappointed that the cover did not include the front of the mobile too, but that was my mistake.
The book is most useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am pleased with all of the items purchased, 26 Nov 2013
All of the items I bought were satisfactory. I am pleased with all of the items purchased.
I am pleased ok?

4.0 out of 5 stars looking for shortcuts, 15 Nov 2013
I bought this book hoping that it might have contained lots and lots of useful little tips and hidden secrets to help me. I hope it does.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only useful if you are already good on Windows 8!, 5 Nov 2013
I hoped this book would teach me the basics of windows 8 as I was really struggling with it. But it only showed you how to do really advanced things. I have put mine in the charity box!

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

Top 100 Tips for Windows 8: Discover the Secrets of Windows 8
Top 100 Tips for Windows 8: Discover the Secrets of Windows 8 by Tim Sievers (Paperback - 23 Oct 2012)
4.97