Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 September 2013
Worst book I've ever read about eating disorders. Inaccurate info and the heading take up most of the book. Don't buy
on 10 June 2013
Many people have mis-conceptions on Eating Disorders and usually don't believe them to be a Mental Health issue, so it was interesting to see a different take on such a serious issue.

I personally found it quite easy to connect with Jenni (the protagonist) as she was made into a believable and relateable character and when she was describing her desire to be thin, it was easy to understand her. There were a few spelling errors but nothing that affected the story too badly.

I also enjoyed the way that the story was shown through blog post and text messages, rather then a young women telling the story, it was a different and more up-to-date approach.

Whilst at times the story did lack a bit of a plot and nothing really happened until the end, the story was quite compelling and believable. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone. :)
on 2 January 2013
Easy read but it had typos and generally lacked depth. While the purely blog / text format is an applicable format for the pro-ana community, it was generally poorly written and the spelling mistakes made it feel rather amateur.

It reminded me of a student who believes their writing is dark a unique but in general lacked conviction, depth or prose.
on 27 April 2015
I found this very, very triggering- maybe not a good book for someone recovering from an ED to read. Interesting and lots of character detail but it's one very specific depiction of ED which isn't everyone's experience, especially if you'd had ED for a long time. Read with caution!
on 19 December 2014
Despite a few spelling mistakes dotted here and there, I found the book to be very real and I enjoyed it. With no ending, it leaves her future to our imagination.
on 15 March 2013
Too short. Not enough tackling the real issues. Like nothing really happens until the end... Good idea but needed to be better executed.
on 17 March 2014
this Is a good read however I feel it could have been made longer by making it into her recovery etc overall a little disappointed
on 30 December 2012
This read was a pleasant surprise, enjoyable and powerful. I loved every page, a fantastic book. I am a recovering anorexic who has been suffering from ED for eleven years now, this book made me realise that myself and others are not alone with their illness.
on 1 August 2013
Beautifully written and can really relate through the eyes of someone with an eating disorder . Definitely recommend this book .
on 12 May 2014
Perfect. Just what I needed. I couldn't stop reading once started and will read again and again!!! Recommended to all.