5.0 out of 5 stars A real confidence booster
Published on 8 Dec. 2012 by R M Houghton

3.0 out of 5 stars For £1.93 on Kindle well worth it
This book covers the planning, preparation (inc training and nutrition) and execution of a fast, head down all the way, end to end cycle ride from the top of Scotland to the bottom of England. And if you buy it on Kindle its well worth buying and reading.
Published 12 months ago by Duncan Light

5.0 out of 5 stars A real confidence booster, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Land's End to John O'Groats: Self Help Cycle Guide (Paperback)
Read this book with an open mind but quickly realised that it covered the bases that no other book does. It's not really a route guide it's a 'you guide' on clothing, eating, equipment and lots of other essential areas. On reading the book I realised what I had done wrong in my previous failed attempt and it gave me lots of confidence to have another 'much better prepared' attempt in 2013. If you are thinking of the End to End I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and extremely practical., 25 Jun. 2013
Having done the Welsh 3000 and an Ironman, I still found this a very useful and well written book to enable the planning and understanding of the challenges involved in a Jogle.

The nutrition and hydration chapters, which is key to any endurance activity, are very concise and avoid the evangelical statements that are generally put forward.

Best and quickest read I have found so far.

3.0 out of 5 stars For £1.93 on Kindle well worth it, 1 Feb. 2014
Duncan Light (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
The book is strongest on the planning and preparation for the long distance ride and weakest on the ride itself (much of which the author cannot remember). The training and nutrition advice is way over the top for most long distance cyclists (because they don't plan to ride 150 miles a day) but can be scaled down to meet an individual's needs.
For most people the description of the ride and the sketchy blog and text messages are pretty useless but for less than £2 this is still an enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 8 Dec. 2012
Planning for this ride can be a minefield. The author has made it easy for you by including all their invaluable experience of JOGLE/LEJOG.

It's worth every penny. Buy today and you won't be disappointed.

Rich.

5.0 out of 5 stars End2end, 8 Dec. 2012
Great resource for anyone thinking of having a go at e2e. Full of very practical tips and advice. I found the book inspirational and although I have yet to have a go at this challenge I am planning on attempting it in 2014. I will be returning to this book then. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 9 July 2013
A very readable book. Lots of practical information and written in an easy-to-read style.
Quite funny and mildly inspiring. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with useful stuff, 16 Jan. 2013
I am not a cyclist but was gifted this book by my son who is a keen cyclist. I am a keen reader though and raced through this. I was surprised to find that it was actually very entertaining and quite funny. The book is packed with useful information and practical guidance for anyone that might be thinking for doing the ride. The author seems to cover everything. At least, as a non cyclist I can't think of anything that isn't dealt with. In fact, there's a lot more to do than I would have thought.

I was particularly interested in the travelogue section at the end where the author relates their experiences on their own ride. Although not very long it has inspired me to try some other books about cycling and perhaps other travel type books.

In brief: if you've never planned a ride like this before I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars JOGLE2015, 8 Dec. 2012
I downloaded this guide in PDF format, and it has inspired me to do my own end to end. I have found the information and tips on training and preparation for this cycle run invaluable. A must buy for anyone wishing to complete the run in the near future. As the title of this review shows, I intend to do it in 2015... I'm 50 years old and this is at the top of my 'things to do before I'm no longer able' list!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Self Help Cycle Guide, 8 Dec. 2012
Mr. D. M. Black (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I had been searching for advice and reading accounts to help me plan my 'end to end' trip when I came across Mr Wood's book. It is the best by far of all that I have read, informative, practical, thoughtful and best of all humorous and entertaining. I read it, the first time, in one go (it isn't that long) and have been back picking out answers to specific questions. A definite 'must have' for planning a JOGLE or LEJOG.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 11 Dec. 2013
Concise, witty and most importantly full of useful information and inspiration. A valuable aid to planning your LEJOG / JOGLE.

Land's End to John O'Groats: Self Help Cycle Guide
Land's End to John O'Groats: Self Help Cycle Guide by Royston G. Wood (Paperback - 19 Oct. 2012)