5.0 out of 5 stars Thinner Leaner Stronger
I've managed to look up a wide variety of sources as part of my commitment to a long term lifestyle change.

Unhappy with my form and results I've been seeing in my apathetic gym routines, I decided to spend some money on "Thinner Leaner Stronger" as the reviews had been so favourable and on reviewing the YouTube channel, decided that Matthews probably does know...
Published 13 months ago by southcoastreviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not an easy read
I'm reading through this book at the moment because I really want to educate myself on the best way to train at the gym and which meals compliment the training.
I can see that Michael is very knowledgeable in what he writes about but I am really struggling to understand the content so I can put in into practice. I'm dyslexic and this will have a lot to do with my...
Published 3 months ago by L. Holloway

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Motivator!, 19 Feb 2013
I read this in one day, it's so easy to read, has great advice on facts, myths, exercise routines, food; the nitty gritty of the diet is a bit too much for me at the moment but still great advice if you are truly serious about getting ripped. Great links to websites where you can see very short videos of exercises being performed and the great thing is you can chose either the male or female demonstration! If you are not into body building don't be put off by the title - [...] it has great tutorials on how to perform exercises correctly and safely.

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding, 9 Feb 2013
Franz J. Delaney "hedgewitch" (wiltshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thinner Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Female Body (The Women's Fitness Series) (Paperback)
My wife is very pleased with this book. Finally a bodybuilding book that cuts through all the myths and presents all the info you need in plain english! The section on nutrition is exceptional and the exercises are well described.
I have no hesitation in giving it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinner leaner stronger, 22 Jan 2013
Brilliant book would highly recommend this book.if you interested in looking good get this book .I even bought the male version for my son.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Jan 2013
Bought this for the Mrs. She read it cover to cover in one go and found it very informative. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Matthews is for the record so helpful and truly wishes the best for his readers, 17 July 2014
Really informative, well-written and science-backed up book! It has made my workouts that more effective and I now know all I need to know about fitness, weight loss, maintainence and strenght gain.
Michael Matthews is for the record so helpful and truly wishes the best for his readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED THIS BOOK, 2 Jun 2013
I have spent £100's over the last few years on PT's trying get the body I want... I spent less than £10 on this book and in the 2 days it took me to read it, I learnt more than I have over the last few years. This is a no nonsense clear guide to losing weight and building muscle to shape your body how you want it. It cuts through all the confusing and contradictory info out there and gives it to you straight. Using this book I was able to break down my diet and calculate how much / what to eat and why. It teaches you which supplements are worth taking on and helps you to build an effective training routine. This book is backed up science and does a lot of the hard work for you. Another nice touch is that it is written in a friendly and supportive tone which gives you the motivation to go for it. Mike, the author, also helpfully answers any queries you have if you email him which is fab :D If you are looking to get "thinner learner stronger" this book is the way forward... you won't regret it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it try, I am, 20 Oct 2012
I have tried every diet/exercise plan going, never weights though, as I always believed I'd end up looking like Miss Man. Then I thought I'd rather have muscle than fat (which I have lots of, 13st in fact. so I bought a weight training book which I purchased from a well known bodybuilding site with it stating, suitable for men and women, so not true and gave it to my husband. Then I found Thinner,Leaner,Stronger and I must say it's a great read, Mike really breaks it down making everything easy to understand. I like it that he tells you how to break down the amount of Carbs, Fats and protein you need in a day and how you can have a cheat meal. The weight training sessions aren't difficult and easy to follow and he gives you links to where you can find videos. I have given it 5 stars because I believe this will work, but only if you do it right. I've also bought his recipe book which as some fantastic recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 14 Aug 2014
Love this book, it is great to see a book for females. The book is well written, clear and very informative. It is also backed up with studies on what works and doesn't work for building muscles and becoming leaner. I also love the fact that there is a link to a webpage to show you how to do each of the exercises. This is so helpful when you are new to the exercises and gives a great visual of what you need to do

Also Brilliant to have a year plan to follow with advice and information on healthy eating, vitamins and minerals to support and get the best out of the program. I have just started this program so looking forward to the results!

.As well, I had a question in relation to the book and when I emailed Mike, he got back to me personally to offer support and help, excellent would highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 22 Sep 2014
a very good concise book around the bodybuilding for women. it tells you exactly as it is, what you need to be doing and also what you do not need to do. buy this instead of any women's 'fitness' magazines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome. helpful, 12 Sep 2014
This book is great. It easy to read and understand and explains things thoroughly. It also puts things in perspective and helps to organise your food and exercise and food routine. Definitely recommend this.

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›