1 Review

2.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't finish it..., 12 Nov. 2012
P. Hannam (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quantum Soul (Kindle Edition)
I tried, I really tried but I just couldn't motivate myself enough to actually finish this book: after reading almost two thirds of it I gave up and purged it off my kindle. I probably missed something good at the end but I couldn't get to it!

The book is based around a premise that there are five all-powerful families who control everything and everyone on Earth. The problem for me was that the way this was described, somehow families in the middle ages managed to control kings, churches and so on. I just couldn't suspend my disbelief enough to think that this could actually have happened the way it was implied.

I also found that the writing was simplistic and abridged: the chapters didn't really progress the characters and things that could've added value (to my mind) were skipped over. With each passing chapter we're told that the galaxy is getting less and less 'happy', with a few rare people who have their senses completely linked up somehow being able to sense people across vacuum and so on. Yet I never really bought into it and kept on waiting for there to be some sort of religious Message.

Maybe I should've stuck with it but...

Quantum Soul
Quantum Soul by Mr. Thomas S. Ireland (Paperback - 19 Sept. 2012)