on 5 July 2013
I have bought a lot of colouring books and this has to be the best one I've bought so far,the patterns are not repetitive,the paper quality is good and there are far more pages than any other book I've bought. I'd definitely recommend this product
on 23 February 2014
This colouring book is a bit more expensive but it is worth the money. It is a thick book and designs are mixed, with some intricate, and some less so, and does contain a few geometrical designs that I don't like at all. The paper is high quality and only printed on one side so no problems with colour seeping. Will take ages to finish!!
on 10 January 2013
The designs in this book can be as complicated or as simple as you want to colour them, and different elements could be emphasised to make a single pattern look quite different - so having two of the same book would not lead to boring repetition.
The sheets are printed on one side only so you don't have to choose which side to use, but you do have to protect the design underneath from marker 'bleedthrough'. I used Copic paper which has a special backing to stop ink going through to the page below, but several sheets of waste paper would do the job as long as the barrier is thick enough to absorb all the ink. The printed paper in the book is particularly good with Copic markers - the print does not smudge - and some of my finished designs look as if they have been printed rather than simply coloured in. In fact, some finished designs look good on the reverse where the coloured ink has saturated the paper, giving a softer image of coloured shapes but without the black printed lines, allowing even more versatility in the finished article.
If there is a Book 2 I will certainly buy one when it is available, and if not I will probably order another Book 1.
55 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2013
Lovely designs, you can be as creative as you like within each one. I've been surprised by the number of people who've said they love colouring in but didn't know about books like these!
on 18 October 2013
Paper quality is excellent and felt tip pens don't bleed through. Lots of different designs to keep you interested. A great way to relax.
on 21 April 2013
i've finish this book, good colours, some patterns r in your face, makes your eyes cross...lol, enjoyed colouring in, very good
on 7 October 2015
Was a bit disappointed with this book - but it maybe that they style of patterns was just not my thing - this is a soft back book paper is not thick enough to use gel pens (in my opinion) and I have passed it on to my grandchildren - the patterns were too 'big' - I prefer intricate type where you can get lost in the designs (like mandalas etc). Is not a bad colouring book is just not for me
on 3 November 2014
Colouring is so theraputic. I just love sitting down and relaxing with a colouring book and pencils. This is a great book - and because the patterns are only one sided there is no transfer to any other other designs. The patterns are a range of different complexities and there is a real sense of achievement.

Who says colouring has to be for children!?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2015
I bought this after researching various adult colouring books and after reading an article in Saga magazine about how it helps to relax the older person decided this was one of the best. When it came I was highly delighted with all the designs and would recommend it to anyone who, like myself was not very good at art in school but loved "colouring in".
The designs are printed on one side only so if your pens bleed through it won't ruin the next pattern, but I've used all types of different felt tips, and not a bit has come through yet. The paper is beautifully smooth, it's a pleasure to colour in. Some of the designs are a bit too geometric for my taste, but the book is o.k