Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 January 2016
Great book. Negative reviews are simply because they dont agree with the authors opinions.
on 27 September 2013
I am currently trying to make the important decision whether or not to vaccinate my son. There are so many books out there I didn't know which to choose so I bought one pro-vaccination, one neutral and one anti-vaccine, this one (foolishly because my favourite number is 111!)

Anyway, all I have to say is this was a complete waste of money and I will be returning it in favour of one with actual information in it. All this one contains is a few paragraphs from Mums who say similar things along the lines of, "My 2, 4 and 6 year olds have never been vaccinated and they are all really healthy..." Wow, thanks for that. I'll definitely base my decision to not vaccinste that around 111 people saying things like that. There is no medical evidence, no list of side-effects, no fact, just 111 little stories. I still don't particularly want to vaccinate but I will be looking for more evidential books to support my own thoughts. Save your money.
on 6 February 2015
The stories of unvaccinated children populate the history of humanity. They are the ones who died of smallpox, typhoid, diphtheria. They are the ones crippled or killed by polio. They are the ones who dies of pertussis, who were killed, blinded or left brain damaged by measles.

It is ironic that the concept of being "vaccine-free" can be defended by its proponents only because vacccines have reduced the levels of so many preventable diseases. As it turns out, that only works for so long: measles and pertussis are once again maiming and killing babies. Good job, anti-vaxers.
on 3 February 2015
Dangerous nonsense.
on 16 December 2012
I received my copy yesterday and I'm totally engrossed already. As a parent of an unvaccinated 14 year old it can be daunting and you're made to feel bad even though you've done far more research that other parents.
This book highlights how healthy unvaccinated children are in comparison to the vaccinated. It also tells you about how important good food is as well as alternative health.
I thoroughly recommend this book to everyone and especially people making that difficult decision regarding vaccination. Thanks Andreas Bachmair.
on 12 February 2015
The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'.
on 2 June 2013
This collaboration of "stories" certainly seems to be helping people sleep better at night (see 5* rave reviews).

Here is the flip-side, 808 preventable stories in one perfectly readable article that will take you a portion of the time to read.

Save yourself the time.
on 6 February 2013
If you are unsure of whether to vaccinate or not then get this book it will put you on the path to being one who is sure of your ground when you tell others about it. we all wonder if we did the right thing at any given moment. but the one thing I am sure of is the fact that I did not vaccinate my four children back in the seventies and eighties ( I am glad to say that they were always healthy and still are) simply because there was not any balanced
views that I could get hold of at the time I refused. we have a duty to our children to protect them in every way possible. Read this book and get some information or look up the informed parent on their website.
on 20 February 2015
My grandfather was not vaccinated against polio. He contracted it as a child and his growth was affected. He has been disabled ever since.
During the war his disability meant he was unable to join the forces, he suffered guilt, shame and abuse for not serving.
He is still ashamed, he doesn't go swimming because he doesn't want people to see his deformed legs. No matter how hot the weather he always wears baggy trousers.
He carries physical and mental scars from polio.
He vaccinated his children, who in turn vaccinated their children (such as myself), as he knows the horrors of preventable diseases like polio, measles, mumps, etc.
Your attitude is frankly offensive to those who have suffered.
on 18 April 2014
I still haven't finished doing all the reading I intend to do on whether to vaccinate or not. I have read about 6 books on the subject so far, and have so far decided not to. Reading this book helped make me feel reassured that people who were further ahead in the Vaccine-free decision had not regretted it, and had healthy and robust children. So far my 1 1/2 year old son has only ever been to the doctors twice - once for a general check up and secondly for conjunctivitis which went away after a few days on its own anyway. He has only had a couple of colds since he was born, no allergies, eczema etc and is very robust and healthy.